translate

Thursday 1 June 2017

A QUICK CHAT BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good morning Bloggets. Today is a lovely sunny day, so I decided to hunt for summer clothes. In my tiny robe. I remember when we went to stay with some very special people in America I was shocked at their huge walk in robe ours in the UK are so small, in comparison to the US robes. Well, our bedroom compared to their rooms are the size of their robes. I will never forget their house. And the way the lady had it was so beautiful. It was the happiest times we shared a wonderful memory there.

Back to my summer clothes. Hmm. You know when you have so many clothes and you can’t see what you need because of that? Especially when they are all thick wool jumpers and heavy jeans. So, there I am trying to fight through my winter wardrobe when things are flying from the shelves above the hanging space. Oh, I’m so tidy.
Not.
Mind you, the things dropping on me were Hubs new shirts in their packets. I can’t get to his robe as it’s in another room. The office. Because our room is so small it only accommodates for one person’s clothes. Why can’t I get to his robe? That B, word.
Boxes. Oh, today my shelves go in and I will be able to clear some boxes. I can’t wait. It’s when it’s summer you know you need to lose weight more than ever. I was doing so very well before our kitchen started then how can I eat well when we had no cooker, or indeed, kitchen. You can’t cover up in the summer. In the end, I did find a nice skirt. Checking with my wonderful Tap Tap See on my iPhone, it’s white. Well, I bet it’s more like a linen kind of white. So, off white. I also got a white t-shirt with red flowers on. I love this outfit as it well, fits. I have some new cream shoes on I bought in a sale and they are so comfortable with a cream handbag, with beige leaves as well as green leaves and some kind of flowers but can’t remember what colour. It’s a Radley handbag I got from Hub for Christmas.

So why am I getting dressed up to sit at home with my workmen?
Stop it!
I’m out Hub is working from home so he will stay with our joiner. The electrician has been to sign everything off and put my new wall light up in the conservatory.

So, before I go, I thought I would have a chat to my fave Bloggets. What can we talk about today? Well I have received messages from some of you asking me to talk more about my trips to Russia. About life then and I will do this week some time, well, within the next week. But today? Let’s keep it light, as believe me Russia will be long and heavy at parts.

Last night I bought some fresh ready-made salads beans, mixed leaves, Greek salad with feta cheese and olives. Tiny tomatoes and spring onions. We also had cuscus and coleslaw. I put in our new oven, which I’m so loving, some chicken parcels with creamy black pepper sauce, again straight from the box in the freezer, new freezer, whoop whoop, I have a freezer… Well, firstly, with parcels, wouldn’t you think they would be square? Now on reflection, you can get any shaped parcel, is it just me, who thinks of parcels as square? These were like an egg shape, flat egg. The family liked them anyway, then two hours later, Boy Wonder went into the freezer and took out a pack of 6, chicken breasts in breadcrumbs and cooked them. You don’t have to defrost them they cook from frozen, they are not like proper chicken breasts. He did say, he would take half for work.
He isn’t coming home for lunch anymore, I don’t blame him, hopefully when he gets back from his holiday, our kitchen will be all done. Yesterday he started work at 6 in the morning, he was on opening and he worked until 4 p.m. then brought me a cup of tea bless, as I was choking for one. Obviously, I can’t get to make one. And then he told me he was driving two hours to the airport and back. Why? He was dropping off his girlfriend’s brother. After a long and early day at work? I asked why can’t he get there by train or, his girlfriend? Well, his gf Sham, was out for the day with her Mum and Sister buying some lovely dresses. So basically, BW worked two hours that day for nothing by the time he paid for the petrol to get to the airport and back. I was just so pleased he got back safe as his driving is on a downward scale again. He has started to drive like a crazy person fast. It worries me sick He went through a stage where he was so good.

Shamrock came around last night she told me about her lovely dress she bought, it’s so feminine. She’s certainly a girly girl.

Hub and I moved our old fridge from the conservatory the only place we have been able to have it of late, and you should see my hands? It is a tall fridge we really struggled and sadly without even realising, I have cut all my hands. The bottom of the fridge is really sharp. Well again through the conservatory along the side of the house and into our garage. Thank God for our garage. It’s going tonight, the fridge, not our garage.

Then there is just our old freezer to sell. Haha. Then we are done. Today and tomorrow should finish off our work in the kitchen leaving just the work tops to do on Monday. Then, yep yeah, all done.

Something I read today. The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest.

Well if I’m wrong I will say sorry. Thing is though, I’m always right, so I never need to say sorry. Haha. Secondly, forgiveness. Hmm. That is one I will struggle with until I die. Once someone hurts me I can never ever forgive them. I feel if someone hurts me or those I love, they are not nice people. If words are said that are nasty, that person has thought about what they wanted to say. If their actions hurt then they meant to do that. There are people, a handful, of people who have done things in the past to me, and I kind of move on and still have something to do with them, but I will never forgive. There have been people who I have excepted after causing grief three or four times, then had enough and when I let them go I feel so clean, so relieved. But most people once they have done something awful, that’s it. I can’t even get into the mind of someone who forgives. Do I admire those kinds of people? I used to, but now I have pity for them. Though possibly, if they do forgive and really can forgive and not just say they do, then I guess they can be happier.

As for the first to forget is the happiest, absolutely. If you can forget pain past problems and daily occurrences which brings you nothing but trouble, and forgive those from your past who have hurt you, then you must be free of those negative vibes.

Right, must dash and get ready to go out now. Will chat later, stay safe and please care. For others and yourself, guess why? Because I care. Xxxx


No comments: