translate

Sunday 18 June 2017

FATHER'S DAY DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good afternoon. You have joined the website BoilledLobster.com Seriously, I’m burning so red and I’m not at all attractive.

Yesterday Hub and I were sorting out our garage and just by doing that, walking from the garage to the drive, and back, I got so sunburned. I’m so cross with myself. How stupid am I? I know I burn easily but didn’t think I was out long enough yesterday to make a difference. It’s a proper heatwave here in the UK. The sun is so hot it’s the equivalent to being in Spain. As if burning irons have been put on my skin. I have used gallons, well, almost a bottle of after sun, but I should have used before sun. I didn’t put any protection on my skin yesterday and today, I feel as if I have put my head in the grill and arms in the oven. Even my eyelids are so painful. My son said I looked really dreadful yesterday. Dangerously burned. Silly silly me. My hub tans he is so dark he looks as if he is Spanish. My Son is very sensible he makes sure he wears cream. His Mum not so sensible. Oh, our garage was in such a mess. Now it’s looking so much better. And we have only one big box to empty then we are all done. Then we can start to be normal again. I have learned so much over the past nine weeks. More on that in my Diary of our kitchen later.

Our Son is at work now but has told his Dad he will be seeing him with a card and gift later bless him. It’s Father’s Day today. A Happy Father’s Day to all good Fathers out there whether you are a Dad by blood, adoption, foster, a Father figure to someone or you care for a pet, you are their Dad and as important to your pet as what you would be to a human. Our pets need loving and looking after.

Only a few days to go then we are off to a concert. It’s for Hub really, as the group we are going to see isn’t at all my kind of music. More on that later on in the week. Hub did go to see Bruno Mars with me some time back and he wasn’t at all looking forward to it as that isn’t his kind of music, but, he came away loving him almost, not quite, but almost as much as I do. It was the most amazing concert full of energy and his singing live, is as good as on his albums.

My lovely neighbour cuts our grass. He told me today he ran over my lights that are on a shrub of mine. Well I am not meant to have lights on that shrub as two years ago, the gardener was trimming the hedge and he cut through the wire of the old lights I had on the shrub. I bought more, and now our neighbour has cut through them, last year, he ran our new conifer over and flattened it. I told him, he has dodgy lamps. Haha. Bad sight. I also pointed out our seven feet tall apple tree and asked him if he can see it? He said yes, just… It surprises me just how bad peoples sight is considering they are supposed to be fully sighted. The last workman we had his sight was shocking. He made so many errors so it had to be down to his sight, surely? Unless he was just clumsy. But I think it was his sight. I have said before, sometimes the blind see better than those with vision

Our friend came to look at our new kitchen. We have found a new joiner to finish off the job and do some work we need. I am going to write my kitchen Diary now in full and I hope to publish that tomorrow if I can get our Son to take a photograph.

It’s so good being able to have everything in one room rather than go to the garage for the dryer and freezer

Today we washed our dogs. Little Waggatail was fine, but the Little Fella, wasn’t too keen to let his Dad hose him down. We tied them up and left them outside with a dish of water and they were dry within forty minutes. Now they are in the house, the coolest place. LF isn’t his Daddy’s friend and the Wagging one is what we say, out for the count. Flat out asleep. They both feel so soft. My little Waggatail is like a shiny seal and LF, is like a big cuddly bear.

In our news, today
So sorry to Portugal who have lost 62 people in forest fires. Most people died in their cars. Four children have been among them. So, sad.
A Spanish bullfighter has died after stabbing a poor bull in France. The 36-year-old caught his feet in his cloak then the bull gored him. I just hope to God they didn’t kill the bull. After all, when the sick bullfighters stab at the poor bulls, do they then kill the bullfighters? No, I don’t think so. It’s a barbaric excuse for a sport.

In our TV news, they are hinting that a major character is going to be killed off in Dr. Who. Personally, I can’t stand that show, but I know a lot of Bloggets like it so there you go, one of the actors is going to go forever.
(Shame the program isn’t) smile.

Well I’m off to wash some strawberries and there is some lovely ice cream in our freezer which will partner very nicely with the red berries. Whilst I have been talking with you all, my beautiful Hub has been ironing. I don’t know how he is doing it in this heat. I’m going to do his work shirts as that is one thing he can’t iron, but I’m dreading it. Hub puts his cricket on and just gets on with it but the heat kills me. I can’t move anything other than my fingers that type words to you all.

With love.




No comments: