translate

Saturday 10 June 2017

A GOOD NIGHT BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. It’s almost eleven in the evening we have just got in from a lovely time with friends. A last-minute arrangement to go out. The normal of trying to find clothes that match. Putting on makeup. Hoping I have done an okay job. I wore a new skirt that showed more than I hoped for. If I’m covered shoulder to ankles, I’m happy, but this new skirt wasn’t quite to my expectations.

It’s so easy if you are a man. Hub wore a new shirt I bought for him last week. To me he looked lovely. My skirt I bought a year ago but have not worn it yet. It’s suede to my knees and has a zip from the waist to just above my knees and then there is kind of a split but a square split. So, it’s rather open at the front which I can cope with, just, until I sat down. Then it was a bit too draughty! Gone the days when I had it going on.

We met and enjoyed a great atmosphere in a lovely pub a traditional pub something that are rare in this part of the UK. Really friendly people staff and customers. You can’t use a card, you have to pay by cash. Again, rare. It’s £1 for half a pint of beer and £2 for a pint. It’s on average £4 for a pint in most pubs here. I had an orange juice. My friend had a alcoholic drink of some kind and Hub and our other friend had beer. We stayed for half an hour then went for a meal. It was great, lovely company, we laughed and just enjoyed life for three hours.

The air outside is fresh and fragrant. With all the rain of late but now it’s stopped and is calm. The pungent roses in the air are so reflective of summers past and present and makes you feel so good about life.

Our Son is out at his girlfriend’s Mothers birthday party. We were invited kindly, but it’s not our kind of thing. We are too quiet we are happy in a small group of people we know well and we are not party animals. I hope BW doesn’t feel compelled to drink to keep up with them or he will be so ill tomorrow.

Her Mum thinks she is going out to town for a meal, but when she gets there they have hired out a room in a restaurant. They are having a three-course meal then they are playing party games… There will be 36 people there.

Our dogs had a great free run today on a nearby field. Our dog lady June came for them and I felt so sorry for her because she had to get her poor dog put to sleep today. She was devastated, but still came out to walk our dogs. I told her she should have just stayed at home but she said she was too upset to be in the house alone, bless her.

Our kitchen continues. I will publish my kitchen Diary on Monday, we have found out some news about it last night. More on that in a couple of days.

Right now, we have the TV on and are watching a recording of some music from the 60’s and 80’s. Gosh in the 60’s how innocent was that music? 80’s? a little riskier, but still nothing like these days. What will music be like in twenty years’ time from now?

Hub has a lovely gift for BW coming up. He is so kind to BW. I’m grateful to have such a loving Husband. Lucky to have lovely friends and blessed to have such loyal Bloggets like, you. Words before I go.

“If a fellow isn’t grateful for what he has got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he is going to get.
Frank A Clark
Gratitude is a currency we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.
Fred D Witt

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt

If you stand in the same place every day all day, the sun will leave you in a shadow
Fiona Cummings

Peace and love. X


No comments: