translate

Monday 26 November 2018

WALKIE-TALKIE DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. This morning before 9, I was chatting to my friend via Alexa. We have some great conversations and the other night was no exception where Hub joined in sending her messages or trying to talk live on his and her Apple watches. They were really like children on Christmas day. I must admit it was really funny. Hub discovered that he could open something called Walkie-Talkie. For those using voice on your devices, that sounds like I have made a spelling error. Smile, no that is how it’s written.

 

In just a tap you can talk to other people in your connections. It’s great if you are out shopping and you need to meet up for a coffee or just to get back home if you are car sharing. You add friends, then control when you want to have a chat.

 

Both you and your friend need Apple watch series 1 or later with with watchOS 5.

You also need to both set up the Facetime app.

 

The WT, isn’t available in every country just yet.

 

1 open the WT app on your iPhone

2, tap the plus icon

3, choose a contact then wait for your friend to except your invitation.

Your invitation card stays grey until your friend excepts your invite then your card turns yellow. I wonder who picks these colours?

To remove a friend, open the WT app then swipe left and tap on the delete icon.

To except a friend. Here we go, bear with…

1, touch and hold the top of the watch face then swipe down to open notifications

2, look for a notification from the WT app and tap it.

To talk to a friend, touch and hold the talk button.

Wait for it to connect then your friend can talk to you just like as if you are using a walkie talkie.

As long as you are both wearing your watches, you will be alerted that your friend wants to talk.

When you let go of the face, your friend instantly hears what you have said.

To change the volume, turn the digital crown.

Turn on theatre mode so you can’t get interrupted in those important meetings at work or in a difficult situation like a funeral. You don’t want the latest Christmas joke being blasted out in those situations.

If you turn on silent mode, you can still hear your friend talking and the chimes to alert you.

Why call that silent then? Hmm.

 

Download facetime if you don’t have it. Open the settings app tap facetime then turn on facetime.

  (There’s a lot of facetimes going on there, isn’t there?)

 

Now Bloggets, don’t think I have recently developed knowledge in the tech world, all the above is as if I have just taught myself a new language today. It’s just what I have picked up from Hub and what I have read on line. Believe me, there are pages of what to do and what not to do’s. I’m sure the person who writes the programs for things like anything tech, has the same minds of Plato, or Eugoxus of Cnidus.

 

A mathematician called Leopold Kroeneker, once said. “God invented the counting numbers.

 And we all know how busy his, mind was…

 

When I was studying maths, where I sent my tutor grey, I learned after six weeks, that they were relatively simple, just whoever invented them, wanted it to look difficult. And don’t misunderstand I only received a C in maths, but I can tell you it was the most difficult exam I have ever taken. Mainly because I didn’t read Braille and I had to remember up to 20 numbers in my head at a time. Am sure that is why my memory now isn’t half as sharp as it used to be. My short-term memory is shocking.

 

Gosh I have just received a phone call and it’s important, the person who called me can’t be called back. It’s the way her office works. She hasn’t left a message and I know she needs to talk with me, how maddening is that? Now I am going to have to go int the archives of my lap top and try to find another number to call her back as the call is the third one, I have missed from her. So, I shall go for now, but be back later to chat and let you know how my Boy Wonders first day in his new job went.

 

 

 

No comments: