translate

Tuesday 13 November 2018

DIARY OF CHANGE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well a country that has been in our top ten since I started writing my blog has gone. Is it in 11th place or lower? Perhaps it’s just one read from the country in tenth position and it will return by the end of the week? So, which country has knocked Poland from the top ten countries to be shown on my stats?

Spain was in the top ten for ages so I thought Spain would have been the country who pipped Poland to the post, but no, it’s Ireland!

 

In total views now on this blog page, 352,259. All time most read blogs are as follows.

Hospital nightmare 1,811

White cane and able 1,793

The road to positive blindness 1,307

What is beauty to those who are blind1,082

Phone call from shock 1,062

So, all medical in some way. Personally, my favourite blogs are from 2012 and 13.

Diary of a hoot at Halloween was quite funny to write last month. Not sure how funny it was to read though. Haha.

 

I had the new gardener today looking at a fence for the side of the house. He quoted me and I don’t know how he dare sleep in his bed at nights… seriously, no. it’s not happening.

 

I’m still letting him think I can see. Oh, heck it’s so difficult though.

 

My Son got through to his next stage of interview. So now it’s a waiting game. He was up against a lot of people, so he did good. Personally I think he will be bored stiff doing the job he has applied for, but it’s in an office, nice and warm and only dealing with staff, not customers.  

 

It’s that time again I have to think of what to cook for dinner for BW and Hub. Gosh I hate it. I said to my Husband the other day. I’m on strike, you decide what to make for dinner. Guess what? He ended up having cereal. Me? Toast. In his past he cooked all the time, he has become very lazy in the kitchen. I just get really fed up of doing the same things every day. And now my Son is on his healthy vegan diet and Hub is cutting down, everything it seems, I’m pulling my hair out.

 

Hub says he can’t compete with my cooking. Yeah right, like saying he can’t iron as good as me… Reverse Psychology aint working honey…

Or is it? I’m still cooking… Oh, and I’m still ironing… just I don’t believe I’m better than Hub. I just have a conscience and need them to eat as best as I can cook for them. And don’t want Hub going out like he’s wearing, the skin of an old wrinkly lady.

 

Hub went to his office today. It’s all in a new building. I’m not too sure LF is impressed. He has a strange place it’s a sectioned off space with Hubs desk in there and the other managers desk. LF can’t see out at the rest of the office. It’s half walls but solid. Bless him, like a little prisoner. Hub says it’s a very good size area, and LF can wonder around, but after looking at Hub and the four little walls, what’s left to view?

Back to his other office in Newcastle tomorrow. And at the end of the week his third office. They say variety is the spice of life.

 

I have been on line and ordered some of my favourite make up. Clarins is the make. I love it, but their website for signing out or checking out I should say, is the worst I have ever been on. Why it has to be so difficult I really don’t know. I complained to a member of staff two years ago and asked them to put my point forward, she said she would but still for screen readers it’s tough.

 

I ordered a gold mascara. How brave is that? I wanted a brown one and would put the gold on the top, but it’s not the easiest thing to find a good quality brown as the ones I have seen say they are almost black. My hair is quite light blonde, so I don’t want black panda eyes. Well they will look like panda eyes by the time I have done them. Smile. I got a sparkly eye shadow and a sparkly blusher.

I never wear eye make up so this will be interesting.

 

Serious now, so very sorry what’s happening in California and the dreadful fires. So many of these we have seen across the world this year. I just can’t imagine this happening. To lose everything that really matters to you like photographs and other personal physical memories, but if you still have them in your heart, they will never die. As long as you are still alive, as so many have already died from this horrific occurrence.

 

We in England are preparing for a bitter cold winter. I love cold winters. Just wish they were not as long. Our winters now seem to go on for six months. Mind you if we get a harsh winter and a stunning summer like we did last year, I can’t complain, though I do still miss four seasons.

 

And science news I have read today. In a statement that seems to contradict itself, they say obesity is a net positive for cutting edge anti-cancer drugs…

Surprising results on some cells especially lung cancer cells. We are often told that second to smoking, obesity is next as a risk factor for causing cancer. But Doctors have said that some overweight patients respond better to treatment and patients who are overweight on a particular drug, lives longer by 27 months in comparison to 14 months for those who are of a normal weight.

 

And this is where it get’s really confusing, just before you reach for that cream cake, firstly remember we are told that by being overweight, we risk developing cancer and secondly, I read that tumours grow faster in obese mice and monkeys and people, studies found that they were slow to   proliferate something to do with a particular type of protein. But these are early studies, though interesting how life can totally contradict itself.

  

And finally, I read a great quote today. A staple may hold things together, but it has to destroy a bit of paper before doing so.

 

Laters.