translate

Tuesday 20 November 2018

A LICK OF LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. After such a wonderful day yesterday spent with those we love so much, I feel so happy and blessed to have such people in our lives. It was one of those days that was so very natural. Just a day of connections that are beyond reality as far as the so-called normal status quo!

 

And today back to work but at least I had my pill of delight in the email of a much needed Blogget of ours and extremely special person of mine… she’s mine, whether she wants to be or not, haha.

 

But on this cold wet windy day of the 20th of November 2018, as many of you may have guessed from my poem the other day, not all is well among our beautiful readers. Dearest Patricia lost the love of her life as he had to put his hands out and pick up his wings. He battled for a lot longer than I ever thought he would. And there was a time when we all thought our prayers were working. But sadly not, though I’m sure Patricia and her family were so appreciative for those of you who did reach out with words and thoughts, as by doing that it gave her family time to get to their Dad from abroad. In the end, it was his time. Not every time in the big clock in the sky is in time with ours here on earth though. And I’m sure that Patricia and her family were or may be at a later date be cross by the speed in which dear George was taken away.  I would like to guess, that all will be explained when we all meet again, as I know for sure when I was 30, I so badly needed my parents in my life and my Sons life, but that wasn’t to be and I know that my Husband and I really wish my Mother in law had lasted longer, we loved her and I guess rather than needed her, we wanted her longer in our lives. So, we don’t get a choice. And I hope one day we will all know why, but that doesn’t help us now, does it?

 

And on to my Son. He passed his second interview and today received a start date for his new job. This is totally different to anything he has ever done before. He will be at least working in a nice warm office. Not on a cold dark horrid platform of a train station, like before.

He won’t be a boss at this job, so let’s see how he copes with being told what to do. At least it’s a little more money and a lot of less awful hours. The latest he will be coming home will be about 7 in the evening, a weekend will be optional. Thankfully so far, he is still in the frame of mind not to work Christmas day he values family time with us and the tradition. I pray that will never change, though his girlfriend comes from a totally different perspective. Her family have all at one time worked on the big day this will be the first time in Shamrocks working life she hasn’t worked and I think if the job she does in the make up shop she works in, was open Christmas day, she would work for sure. But it’s closed so she’s home. Sadly, for her Dad, and Grandfather, her Mum is working. But each to their own, we don’t work and that time is precious to us.

 

My Sons boss and area manager are not at all impressed with BW leaving. The area manager tried to get BW to change his mind. But he decided enough was enough and he just left. Thank goodness he has another job to go to. He will be responsible for fixing computer problems in his huge office. So, if a member of staff for example, has forgotten their password for their computer, then they call BW to help them out or if for some reason they have any access troubles with their lap tops, then again, they call BW. He will be in training for six weeks. This is a subject he studied at college but hated. Though he is excellent at talking over the phone and calmly directing someone. Since he was about 14, he has helped friends and family over the phone to fix their computer, though since he left college, he hasn’t really bothered with a lap top. Hub bought him one years ago well, a few years ago, but it’s just not his thing. So, again, let’s see what happens. Of course, he already has his eyes open to promotion so in this job there is opportunities to climb the ladder. He did so well at his last job getting to be manager and the job before that he was supervisor and that was when he was only 18. He was the youngest supervisor in his whole company in the UK. But when he was a tiny baby, I saw a fortune teller who told me he would be working with money in a bank. So far, she hasn’t been right. Smile. Though he was known as a bit of a wheeler and dealer when he was young.

 

In science, biologists have created the most lifelike cells yet. This I hope will be great news as the cells they have created are obviously artificial but are tough as have lasted two years in a freezer without any damage. It’s said that this is good news for cancer, but I hope as well it will help us with Retinitis Pigmentosa, which is a progressive degenerative disease, only I sadly have progressed as far as I can go. Smile. As there is no sight left for me. 1 in 4000 people in the UK are affected by RP.

 

And finally, how do cats keep themselves clean? They have tiny sharp cones on their tongues.

Their U-shaped cavities help move droplets of saliva through their upper layers of fur into deeper layers and onto the skin. Cats also use their tongues to cool off as they only have sweat glands on the leather of their paws. Scientists have produced a new kind of brush which is flexible and made from silicone. This brush is modelled on the cat’s tongue. The brush can even help to deliver medication to the cat’s fur.

 

And a final finally, haha, I was also reading that scientists have learned that spiders’ silk is five times stronger than steel.

 

Laters

 

 

 

 

No comments: