translate

Friday 23 November 2018

DIARY OF THE ANAGRAM BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Well it’s Black Friday. A day when the internet hardly works and people go mad buying things they don’t need, and items that other people don’t want. Haha.

 

My friend came for a coffee and a chat, but we had to go into the conservatory as Hub is working from home, so we had to be quiet. Where as there are a few doors in between us if we go into the room of glass. Smile.

 

My Son is on a very long journey today. Though he is back tonight. No doubt he will be going straight to Shamrocks on his return.

 

Well the pub quiz last night, we did good… we got 56,

Great isn’t it?

Oh, we thought. Until we realised it was out of 104…

You may be wondering whatever made me think we did well? Well we didn’t know it was out of 100 and piggin 4!

It’s how the point system works. Some questions you get 10 points and others 14 some 1 point. Even to mark the papers, you need a qualification in maths. We swap at the end with other teams and receive our humiliating results back as soon as marked up.

 

So, if I remember the three words we were given, here was the anagram, which shamefully we didn’t get. See if you can. All we were told was it was a hit in the 80’s. no country was mentioned, just it was a hit. So, here were the three words and again I hope I have these rights.

Awaken brief otter

So, come on, get your grey matter working, what was that hit in the eighties? I can tell you if you were over the age of ten in the eighties, you will know this no matter what country you live in.

I shall tell you in a couple of lines down, now, don’t cheat, try to work it out and see if you get it.

 

Our dogs have been on the field today. Amazedly they were not covered in mud at the end of it and Waggatail didn’t role. They have been groomed and I have done the doggy doodle dance in their run. Oh, I hate that job. Armed with a bucket of disinfectant, a brush, a bag and a silicone glove. The joys of being a dog owner.

 

In our news, in the UK, Police have knocked off bikers off their machines that were trying to get away after thieving.

Well they had a choice. Stop or drop. Haha.

 

More shooting in America, in a shopping Mall. Both gunmen are dead.

A black Friday for their families for sure.

 

Okay, the anagram, did you get it? The answer is…

I want to break free. By queen.

Only one team got it right out of about six. We don’t even get to know how many words there are in the answer.

 

A busy day for us tomorrow as we Christmas decorate the front of our house. Ladders at the ready and emergency services on speed dial. Haha.

 

Well whatever you have planned this weekend, be happy and I hope it’s peaceful for you all. Please keep the emails coming and let me know your favourite blog of 2018 for me to put on our end of year blog.

Any notes or subjects you want to chat about then drop me a line at


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: