translate

Friday 9 November 2018

DIARY OF REACH FOR THE SUN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hi there are you all OK? It’s almost three in the afternoon. Gosh, what a day. It started at five minutes to eight when our new gardeners came. Thank goodness BW answered the door as I was still getting ready to go out for quarter to nine.

 

My Son is such a host, when I came downstairs, I went to the lads doing our garden, BW had already given them a cup of coffee and a plate of biscuits. So now I hope, I haven’t checked it out in case something needs to set, a front path to our door is in perfect position!

 

Today whilst I was out, I bought a gingerbread candle. It smells lovely. I guess it’s that time of year when I need to sort out fragrances of tangerines and cinnamon!

 

I met a man today who was telling me a story that was really sad. He’s a business man. He’s from Northumberland. My forever homes. He is a gentle well-spoken man. He took his wife to the hospital in our city of Newcastle and she is in a wheelchair. Because the staff couldn’t find him on the register, though he had the correct paperwork, they wouldn’t let him in with his wife, to have her procedure. Long and short of it is, they sent for the security guy, the 6 feet 4 hugely built man got the elderly man to the floor and he banged his head on the way down from a door. He had a huge cut to his head. Can you believe people in our hospitals would behave in such a manner? I can understand people getting tense, something needs to be done as our poor hospital workers really get a bad deal with drunks etc, terrible things happen to the nurses for example, but this man was or is, 62 and to hear him, wouldn’t be able to fight his way out of a paper bag. I know my Son a few years ago witnessed a dreadful thing in our town. A young lad was getting beat up by a bouncer. Not only that but the thug of a bouncer was forcing the lads face in a puddle. The screaming was simply terrible. haunting in fact. Another time my boy was with his friend, a bouncer came behind this friend of BW’s and for no reason and I know loads of you are now saying yeah, there would have been a reason, but the friend of BW’s is a really lovely lad, quiet and polite. Anyway, next thing, BW sees this bouncer push the friend down the stairs. Seriously, what’s wrong with these people? Moreover, sadly the police are not believing the public. My Son filmed the bouncer beating the young lad up. Another bouncer came over to Bw just as BW’s holding his camera, BW can be heard shouting to the bouncer to leave this lad alone, and on camera, you see a guy coming up to BW and he punches his phone from his hands. Thank God my Son was oK I kind of hope the size of him being so tall would have put the bouncer off. The Police weren’t interested in the footage BW had. The bouncer did get moved from that place of work, but he was seen a few days later doing the same job just for another company. Shocking. I do know of some security people who are great, good guys. But there are the odd ones who really need putting behind bars. In fact, that is probably where they have already come from.

 

 I know our police must get sick of the drunks causing trouble, but not everyone is in the wrong. And especially this man from the hospital.

 

I have the utmost respect for our Police as I hope the majority of them I wish all of them, are good guys. But I’m a realist. Our firefighters and ambulance people are just the best. To me they are heroes. I can not believe this year how I have seen on our news about sick people and I mean sick as in the head. As in carrying the evil gene, have been chasing our emergency services with fireworks. Can you believe that? Oh, my, what I could do with such people isn’t publishable…

 

My poor love has had a tough emotional week. He will be glad for the weekend, but then it all starts again. He’s still not well. I just don’t trust our hospital at all with giving him the all clear. They tell him he could have died then send him out without a follow-up from any Doctor? My friend sadly has her Dad in the same hospital, she isn’t impressed with them either. God bless him.

 

As for my lovely Blogget and friend Pat, remember I asked you all to pray for her? Well please keep doing so if you don’t mind, at least sending her positive thoughts and so far, she is in the woods, but the trees haven’t fallen! May they always reach for the sun and continue to grow.

 

Now some news on Retinitis Pigmentosa. The eye disease I have.

As always, I read (there is currently no cure) when will the day be when I don’t read that? But at least other words follow that sentence now, something that didn’t ten years ago.

(However, there is real optimism and increasing momentum in the development of treatments)

And here is a very clear and understandable website that I for one am very grateful for.