translate

Wednesday 28 November 2018

ON THAT BIG BRIGHT STAR #PoetryByFionaCummings


ON THAT BIG BRIGHT STAR

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I’m supposed to say goodbye

My words are in the tears I cry

My thoughts are in every pain I’m going through

Oh Darling, I so love you

This is worse than a theft

You have gone and I’m left

But I know you won’t forget

The memories we made together

I will love you forever

Each laugh we had

I shall treasure

But I’m looking back

My forward seems so black

I just don’t know how I’m going to react

When in time, I’m supposed, expected, to laugh

I so miss your voice around my every being

I miss the world you gave me for the seeing

I need the whispers you created for the hearing

I ache each night when I get into bed

The empty space I totally dread

You were the food that fed

The kindness in every word you said

You were the Dad to our children

Gave them a world that was safe to live in

And now you are in heaven

I know you will still be caring

And I hope, watching

So, for that I shall go on

As I need my family and friends

As they too, need me

But I wish you would come back to me

I miss you so much

I wish I could reach out

 And it would be you I would touch

Right now, I want to shout

Would you hear me?

If I smile or cry

Can you see me?

So many questions, like why?

Why now did you have to die?

Wait for me my Darling

However far you are

Shining I’m sure

On that big bright star!

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: