translate

Thursday 22 November 2018

THANKSGIVING I WONDER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. I hope I find you all well? It’s cruising towards four in the afternoon. I got in a couple of hours ago. My Son is having clothes gate… He bought two shirts on line, doesn’t like them they don’t fit right. He’s very tall and he likes his shirts to be skin tight… well and his coats as well as his trousers.

  I keep telling him I would like Grandchildren….

 

He sent them back today and went to the shop to buy two more. Different company. Well you are not allowed to try them on so he had to buy without knowing if they will fit. He’s not happy with the fit so hast to decide whether he’s going to take these back too. He likes slim fit, no, not slim fit but nipping fit. Trouble is, he’s slim but has huge muscles, so he’s like the incredible hulk just before he’s about to split his pants. So now he’s stressing as may have to take one out of the two he bought today back. That’s three out of four in total. He starts his new job on Monday. I think he’s anxious about it as this is totally so very different to what he has done before. But he will be fine. It’s just a much bigger office and he’s not the boss this time so will have to follow instructions… he’s not too good at doing that. He’s a leader not a follower. But he needs to follow for a year at least before he will be able to climb the ladder. It doesn’t help his pal who works there telling him how hard it is.  He’s in a different section to his friend though. And I’m pleased about that as his friend is naughty… OK, his friend is 20, but still naughty. Just mischievous his pal is  a joker. And my Son is too on his own, he’s fine, but put them both together, oh, heck! When they were at college together, I did used to laugh at their stories, though I shouldn’t have, but it was innocent fun. But they are men now and can’t get away with pranks. What he will do about his shirts, I don’t know.

 

Bless him, he has just gone to the post box, I totally got soaked before and I didn’t want the letters to be wet, so BW took them in the car for me. They are for my Brother in law as it’s his birthday next week. I’m seeing him before Christmas to exchange gifts but not for his birthday. I dread to think what BW has written on his Uncles card, but I’m sure the recipient will laugh when he receives it as he  has a good sense of humour. I just know when BW was writing the card, he was chuckling. Oh, heck.

 

Hubs been to his office in my hometown of Newcastle today. He’s had quite an easy week this week for travelling but next week is a horror.

 

It’s freezing and very wet as I said I got soaked before. It’s so dark early now days. My Son puts the light on from 3pm. I’m sure it’s darker earlier this year than most. My heating is on and the house is warming up. I’ve been out since half eight so my house was allowed to cool off a bit. Waggatail is snoring, so she’s toasty. I don’t have dinner to make for Hub thankfully, as he has had food at work for once, as the staff buy a take out on a Thursday. Lucky duck. Mind you, I had a take away last night, didn’t I?

 

Well it’s Thanksgiving in America. Am I correct thinking it’s on a different date in Canada, or was I imagining that? I watched on the news that Donald Trump pardoned two turkey’s as he does every year. I wonder how the president does that. I wonder how he chooses which ones to pick, and I wonder if the turkey knows how lucky they are, or, are they? Apparently, they never live long because they are bred for consumption, so are rather large. Bless them, but does the President pick them because they are extra cute or does he look into their eyes and connects with them, and what would happen if a President was a vegetarian or vegan, then would he pardon them all?

 

Why was the Thanksgiving soup so expensive?

It had 24 carrots.

 

What sounds does a turkeys phone make?

Wing wing
 
Well my American Readers my dear Bloggets, have a wonderful day and weekend to follow.

 
 

  

 
 

 

No comments: