translate

Friday 16 November 2018

SUPER EARTH BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hi Bloggets. It’s that time of week again, when we say hello to the weekend. What does the weekend mean to you? Speaking with my Son today, he says he doesn’t mind working on Saturday and Sundays. I guess his opinion will change when he has children. Or will it, haha, he may be glad of the peace at work.

 

For children in most countries, it means they are off school. For some, workers they don’t go in to work for two days, but more and more it’s getting so people work shifts or six days at least.

 

I was looking forward to going to a Christmas craft fair tomorrow, but we were going to go with Pip and she’s sadly ill. So, let’s see what our weekend brings.

 

I must say, it’s been so lovely to have my Son home. Today he and I cleaned the conservatory. When my Son cleans, he cleans. Even I can see my face through the glass.

Joking, that would be a dream.

Or would it?

 

But he has polished everything so well, everything feels like marble, but not for long, tomorrow it will be back to normal having to do it all again.

 

Some of my Bloggets have reported to me via email, that some links to my blogs are not working, please can you let me know if you have this trouble? If so, I may have to think about getting another blog platform rather than blogger. To be honest, it may be a good idea anyway, as then some unwanted readers won’t know what I don’t want them to know.

Hub and I were talking about this last night, but to be honest, I’m not sure just yet as so far there are two people who read this who I don’t want in my life, and they can find someone else to obsess over in time, it’s not really worth transporting life to another read just to avoid those two individuals. But let’s see if the broken links can be fixed.

 

Hub working from home today. Our dogs went for over an hour walk with our lovely Jane. Bless her heart, she is so kind. Our dogs love her. I honestly thought Wagga’s tail was going to drop off. I was reading the other day something about a dog’s wagging tail. Dogs don’t wag their tail when they are alone. Unless they are dreaming of course. They only seem to wag their tails when they are with a living thing, like another dog or person for example. Like languages, tail wags have a vocabulary and grammar, that needs to be understood. Up to now, scientists focused on two major sources of information. They studied dogs’ tails movement and position. New data adds a third important dimension to understanding a dog’s tail.

 

In some cases, evolution has made the dog tail more visible to other dogs such as a white tip on the end or a bushier tail. The tails position specifically the height at which it is held, can be considered a sort of emotional meter. A middle height suggests that the dog is more relaxed if the tail is held horizontally, the dog is attentive and alert.

 If the tail is moving up, then the dog is becoming threatening, with a vertical tail, is a more dominant signal as if to say to other dogs. “Back off loser, or suffer!””

As the tail drops low, it’s a sign that the dog is either ill or becoming more submissive or may be is worried. When the dog tail is almost underneath them, then they are afraid. It’s written if the tail wags fast especially if the hips wag with the tail, this means the dog is very excited. Interesting, as that is for sure my Waggatail, hence her name. but when she is working, she is the one who holds her tail almost straight out behind her, still. Where as The Little Fella’s tail, is held so very high but doesn’t wag. So, when working, he is telling other dogs to back off. Funny really as he is a big softy with the cutest face. He is almost cream in colour too with big black eyes and eye lashes with brows to match…

 

This fact of the study is funny, it’s a new discovery. If your dog tail wags to the right, they are feeling more positive. If to the left, then they are more negative about the situation or person. To be honest, I have never noticed if our dogs wag to the left or right, they seem to be in the middle…

 

This study was held in Italy. 30 pet dogs were put in a cage. In front of their cage they were shown many things like first their owners stood before them. Then an unfamiliar person then a cat then a dominant dog.

 

When we are talking about a dog’s tail to the left or right, if you imagine standing behind the dog with the dog’s tail in front of you as if you are following the dog.

 

And I was reading this which I shall not be telling Hub as he is always telling me off for hugging my dogs. Well, OK not so much as hugging them but kissing them. Hahahaha. How to annoy the Hubster. He always lectures me about the germs I can catch from a dog. Well I don’t exactly kiss their blooming lips, do I? just their head or cheek. But if you hug them new studies say you stress them out. Well I have studied over the years Psychology and there’s evidence that hugging is important and pleasant when a mother hugs her child, the child gets a surge of the hormone oxytocin and so does the mother, and that hormone is associated with loving and bonding. So, how can it be that hugging a dog isn’t good for a dog? Well they say that dogs are cursorial animals which is a term which means they are designed for running. A dog first sign of defence is not using their teeth but to have the ability to run away.

 

But surely a dog who lives with us, who is treat well, knows they are not going to be hurt by us?

 

   And when you are getting a lick thinking the dog is kissing you, apparently studies show this too can be a sign of anxiety. Really? As can yawning, well I knew that or raising one paw. Funny my Waggs does that if I tickle her chest, I thought it was so I could reach her belly as she likes her stomach tickled. So, if she sits next to me, I scratch her chest, she lifts her paw I tickle her tummy but she doesn’t move so is she stressed?

 

I do know that LF doesn’t like a hug. Hubs last dog didn’t either. Now I know what I know, I guess I am going to have to stop hugging. Shame, they are my big teddy bears.

 

Hub and Boy Wonder were having a discussion at the dinner table tonight, just as Hub devoured a chicken and BW wrapped his chops around a huge vegan wrap or three. Hub. (So, should vegans own a cat?) BW, yes. Hub but the cats kill other creatures. Me, yes but we can’t sit little Tinkerbell down and say hey honey, about you and these birds… But we can talk to other humans and try to get them to realise the pain they are causing.

Well it was a twenty-minute conversation where it was two against one but Hub sometimes just likes to play devils advocate.

 

 In our News, Theresa May in my opinion is really being treat really badly in fact I would go as far as to say she is being bullied but so far, bless her, she has stood strong an yet never once lost her temper or got angry unlike almost every single other Government official.

 

What people need to know is, no matter who would have guided us out of Europe, would have received the same rude comments and ignorant remarks. At the end of the day, she isn’t a bad person. Most disabled people in our country are receiving more money now than ever before. There are cuts, but there are also new openings! Now the days of Margaret Thatcher, don’t get me started on her. She was everything that Mrs May isn’t. May is very calm and quiet with a great sense of humour.

 

We really need to give her a break. Now, the majority voted to leave Europe, this doesn’t mean we want to be enemies, quite the opposite, we are just fed up of handing out so much money and we have to start to say no to so many people coming into our country because quite frankly, our schools are so full. In some schools, some if not most classrooms, the majority of children don’t speak English. So, the kids who do, have to wait until the other children catch up. We can’t get a GP’s appointment for at least three weeks. A load of Government money goes on things like translators in hospitals etc. Children who don’t speak English have to have interpreters again costing a lot of money. My friend who is a teacher out of 32 children in her class this year, 24 of them now are of non-speaking English. And there are at least eight other languages being spoken.

 

We are a tiny Ireland we are so full. I mean if anyone wants to live in Australia, there are rules and regulations. And nothing is said. So why so much fuss in the UK?

 

Many other countries will watch to see what happens to the UK then follow if they think it’s gone OK, but how many other countries will have a leader who will be as patient and eloquent as our PM?

 

No matter of your political views, you have to admit, you have never seen her lose her temper or blame anyone. She has never called anyone names like other leaders.

 

-5C is expected next week in the UK. It’s going to be a cold one.

 

Some good news, in Lancashire, UK, they started after so many protests, fracking. Well there were a few earthquakes and they have stopped fracking for now, fantastic.

 

Scientists have discovered a so-called super earth just, six light years away. Well, what makes it a super earth? May be the size of it?

 

Farmers have been told to cut down on antibiotics, I guess we are becoming resistant to them by eating the meat?

 

Apparently, weight lifting is better for the heart than running. Well our Son will be glad to know that.

 

They say that small robots will kill the farmers tractor. So, robots rather than the ride on.

 

So, robots on the fields and robots I wrote about the other day to send viruses to the back of our eyes and they will use if not already, robots in our surgical theatres. A steadier hand… Until it all goes wrong… and robots take over haha.

On that note, have a great weekend. Be nice to those who are nice to you. Care for those who may reflect your future and show respect for those who may respect you.