translate

Thursday 29 November 2018

BLUE EYES FROM INDIA BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Firstly, my love to Patricia and her family.

 

 Today we say hello to The Netherlands, India, South Africa, France, Germany, Belgium, UK, US, and everyone else who is reading. We had Burma earlier this week, I would love to know who you guys are? You visit this page from time to time. I would love to know what brings you here? Japan has been this week too, it’s been a while since I saw you. Japan may have been reading, but this week is the first time they appeared in the top ten of readers.  

 

I have just got in from our small street group. Five of us get together every month. Today was the turn of our Neighbour to host. Everyone looks forward to having lunch at hers. Why? Normally because she makes delicious Indian food. But today she decided to make typical English food. I think her eldest daughter who is the same age as our Boy Wonder, so, 21, told her Mum she was very brave. I think that was a polite way of saying crazy… serving typical English food to English people. Haha. Gosh, our neighbour could cook baked beans from a can and they would taste lovely.

 

Well today she made quiche. That is a pastry base cook slightly first putting on top of the pastry some foil with either rice or those cooking beans you can buy. Not the kind you eat, just the ones that keeps the pastry from rising. But   then you remove them. Whilst that is cooking, you make your ingredients. Whisk at least four eggs. Add a little milk and tiny bit of cream. Salt, pepper and then whatever. I put in red peppers chopped finely. Mushrooms onions, tomatoes and loads of cheese. You don’t cover the top, it’s left open. Put in the oven to finish cooking obviously removing the foil etc. she also did sandwiches and two home made cakes. One was a banana loaf and the other a sandwich cake with cream and raspberry jam. She made my absolute favourite to drink. Ginger tea. She is a lovely host. It’s a nice group. I always feel good when I return home.

 

We got on to talking about eyes. Everyone in that room needs glasses. Well, apart from me, haha, aren’t I the lucky one? You would have laughed. Well maybe you wouldn’t but I smiled. One of our neighbours is sweet, she always tells me what pictures are getting handed around. Not to leave me out. So, our Neighbour who is an Indian lady, said she would love blue eyes, I told her to get blue contact lenses. When I could see, I had them. They made my eyes really light blue, I loved them. My other neighbour said she, our Indian neighbour wouldn’t suit them. I said oh, I think they would look really good. Well our neighbour tried to tell me in her little way, that my Neighbour was dark skinned. Hahaha. As if I didn’t know? Bless her though, just as I was told yesterday that a lady was learning a lot from me, I’m learning a lot about sighted people. Mainly how little they understand about people who are blind. I said I know she has, so that is why I think blue eyes would look so nice with dark skin.

 

It’s my turn to host next month. It started where by we ate small snacks… Now it’s turning into a blooming Women’s Institute cooking competition. Hopefully my stories and laughs will put me in the running for others wanting to come here as I’m not a cake cook, in fact I really don’t have the confidence even to cook a quiche, though Hub said I make the best one next to his Mum. Bless her, when she was alive, I didn’t dare cook one as I knew Hub thought so much of her quiches. But one day I did, and he went quiet for so long, too long. Time seemed to freeze. He ate another mouthful then said. “Yep, that’s up there with Mums.”” Few thank goodness for that. But not sure I dare do one for the ladies. Last time our neighbour Wendy made an amazing cake. A lemon sponge cake with delicious butter icing. Yum. So, what to cook? Well I shall tell you when we get near the date.

 

Outside it’s raining it’s cold and dark. It’s only half four in the afternoon. It’s more like 7 pm on a winter night.

    

Going back to the lady yesterday who said she is learning a lot from me… I asked her what had she learned? No, nothing with regards physics or computer science, but, now wait for this, as Bloggets, I’m sure after hearing or seeing what I have managed to teach someone with my vast knowledge and ability to explain things in lectures I give, now when you learn what I can teach you, don’t all rush at once to get in a queue to attend one of my life lesson classes….

She has learned. (How fast I can walk upstairs)

Hehehehehhhehahahehehehehehahhehehhehahhaha.

Oh, I do like to impress.

 

I often wonder why I was put on this earth, but I think yesterday my question was answered…

Yep Bloggets, I walk up stairs quickly…

 

To be honest it’s been three weeks since I went out for a walk. I haven’t seen Pip for a few weeks. I miss our walks, though I do need to walk longer and faster and do have to get into walking at least three times per week. But since I haven’t been out for a while, my legs are starting to hurt again. Remember when I was going through hell with pains? Well they went during the summer. It was like a miracle. I thought I would be in a wheelchair before Christmas. It got that bad. I didn’t know what was wrong with me then I started to do Yoga and my teacher told me my muscles had shortened. I couldn’t believe that walking made such a difference. Before I get really bad again, I need to do something drastic.

 

OK, I shall go for now and start dinner. I have made a soup today for BW. Hub will have a simple sausage sandwich. They are chicken sausages with herbs. Thursdays is my night off serious cooking as we have the pub quiz later. See how badly we can do tonight. I love to go though, I’m not too sure Hub likes or deals with the humiliation. He’s not used to failing. Hahha. I can teach him so much with regards that subject. Including how fast to walk upstairs…

 

Laters with love.

 

 

 

No comments: