translate

Sunday 25 November 2018

STARTING CHRISTMAS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. Well this has been a busy weekend. We spent all day and night yesterday, decorating our house outside and in. Today we went to a Christmas fair where I bought a lovely bauble for the tree. Because of course I need one of those, as I must only have about 90… according to my Husband…

 

 This one is white glittery with a hole cut out so you can see what’s inside of it. And it is a truck with a Christmas tree on the back of it. If you stick your finger in it, you can feel it. I got a toy for the dogs for Christmas too. Yep, another toy. This is an elf. I also bought a couple of Christmas plants and where the soil goes there is a star and some berries as well as a tiny reindeer. They are so small not sure where you even buy such things but they look really nice for Christmas.

 

We got mulled wine on arrival. I gave mine to Hub. It was a lovely fair inside a grand hall. It had a solid oak banister with ropes of lights wrapped around the rail.

 

  It was nice the ones I have been to of late, are more like a market where you buy food. Though there were gifts, this one was more like aunt Sally’s craft box. It will be a nice place to take the dogs in the summer as there are some nice lakes around there and lots of walks.

 

No charge for parking which around here is unusual and no entry fee either. Very quaint.

 

So, in my living room I have the big tree up. It is different colours of green with snow like pines on the ends. It’s artificial. It’s really tall and wide. I have it with blue and white baubles on and lots of toys that I have bought over the years. I have some stunning decorations on the tree. The tinsel is blue strands and white ones. There is a glittery blue star on the top. The lights are all white. I have on the window behind the tree, a line like a wire which is blue as well. Also, on there I have three light up parcels with bows. On my fireplace I have a really lovely garland. It’s lots of green foliage with gold ribbons and some baubles with cinnamon sticks threaded through and some artificial fruits like apples and pears. There are berries and other decorated twigs. There are a couple of silk roses weaved through there too and it’s all lit up. I made a garland yesterday for the front door. Why? Not sure as you can’t put a nail through our door to hang it by. So, it’s on a little table next to the chair at the other side of the room, flat with a candle in the middle. Where I am sitting now, where the piano is, there is another table they are the ones I bought last year, they look like a solid pile of books made from wood. But in fact, they are a table. So, the piano on my left and table on my right, on the table is a wooden church that lights up. On the fire hearth, is a light up item that is a coal fire with a rocking chair at one side with Santa on and he has parcels all around him. And there are two bottles at each side of it, with lights in. the bottles are decorated. I have the piano covered with cuddly toys. A reindeer, a dog, teddy bear and three other tiny bears all in different outfits. One is dressed as a king.

 

My conservatory has the small tree. It’s white. The baubles on it are gold and red. The toys are all from Germany and made from colourful glass. There is everything on there from guitars to violins to harps and drums. Clowns, snowmen and soldiers as well as a Cuckoo clock and a mouse as well as a train, a doll and teddy bears. Glass stars and bells too. I have gold tinsel and red beads and there are two porcelain ornaments. One is a white reindeer the other is a white cat. The cat has a red hat on the reindeer has a red nose.

 

There are about 100 white lights on that tree the one in my sitting room has 180. A glass angel sits on the top of the white tree.

 

Then there is outside. Gosh, we have our angel and moving bells also a snowflake. They are all lights on the walls outside and sitting on the front seat is an inflatable stocking. On the grass is a penguin and we have a Santa express along the lawn too everything lights up. I have a Santa Claus climbing ladders next to my door and we have a laser projector which has 180 green and red dots all over the house. Apparently, they even project in our sitting room. On the ceiling. And Hub isn’t satisfied. He has his finger on the buy button to purchase an almost 6 feet, reindeer which has about 360 lights… to have so many lights and we are both blind, is a crazy thought, but we love it though we are so exhausted.

 

The funny thing, on Hubs Apple watch, the fitness App he has normally says he has done two flights of stairs per day, though he does really about 4. Well with going up and down the ladders yesterday to the loft, he climbed 17 floors, hahaha, and normally he burns off 300 calories, well yesterday he did almost seven hundred.

 

So, we are beginning to look a lot like Christmas and next week we are exchanging our first gifts with part of our family. Reminds me, I must wrap them.

Gifts that is, not  our family.

 

Hub is in the gym now, I can hear him pacing on the treadmill and our Son is relaxing in the bath before he starts his new job tomorrow.

 

So, work starts tomorrow and the rest of the week we shall see what it brings. So far, I only have a meeting on Tuesday planned and another on Thursday.

 

I hope you have had a lovely weekend and will continue to have a better week ahead.

 

  

No comments: