translate

Monday 12 November 2018

PAST PRESENT FUTURE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. I have been reading up on some science news today. In England, we are looking for a scientist to grace our new 50-pound notes. Who will it be?

 

Scientists have created micro bots to swim through the eyes delivering medication directly to where the treatment needs to go, rather than filling the full eye with medication. Sadly, the scientists have to trial the bots in a living animal before letting it be used on humans. I hate that, as I always say, trial on prisoners who have committed evil. Leave the poor animals alone. It really distresses me to think of beautiful dogs and monkeys for example in a lab being treat like they have no feelings, when there are people out there, who have no feelings at all.

 

 The worlds biggest bird which became extinct 300 years ago it weighed half a ton and towered over lesser creatures in its home forests of Madagascar, the 3.5-meter-tall elephant bird may not have been a day time hunter, as it was previously thought, but was a blind creature of the night. Scientists used a Tomography scanner which proved that what the eye saw, was almost non-existent. But it has been shown that their senses as in smell, was larger than other creatures around them. Apparently, this explains how elephant birds were able to live so long after humans invaded Madagascar. Because they hunted by night? So, do you think that should be what I do? Hunt for cabbages by night? Then I will live longer. Haha.

 

Settlers made Madagascar their home over ten thousand years ago.

Grooves on elephant birds have been found, so the settlers basically butchered them. The bird looked a little like an Ostrich.

The bird weighed more than 350 kilograms, their legs were 2 meters long. It was there where the grooves from sharp stone tools were found.

 

I guess more proof of humanity’s constant past present and future destructions. What a job archaeologist have. I wish there was such a job to try to preserve our future rather than looking back at what we ruined, I do understand sometimes we have to know the root before we can allow the tree to grow, but in perspective, what is the ratio between those who investigate into our past and those who look into our future?

 

So back to life as I know it. Hub was telling me last night in the first world war, his great Grandfather was killed along    with his four brothers. Gosh the poor Mother of those five boys.

 

 Adverts in the UK are getting more annoying. Some of them are just music. At the end of them Hub and I are like, and, what was that for? Or there will be two guys for example talking about rubbish, and I wait to see if there are any clues in what they are advertising, and we are like, so, what was that about?

We have audio for only one advert, that is soap pods for the washing machine, we think because it’s for safety as it says be careful around children as they look so colourful so if eaten, obviously, not good.

 

Last week I dropped a washing machine pod on the floor. Oh, heck panic. Thankfully I found it before one of our dogs did. I’m so very careful with them too, until last week when I was trying to do too many things at once.

 

My Husband has lost loads of weight. I have given up on getting on the scales. Sometimes I think a joker has programmed my talking scales to stress me out.

 

Another start to the week. Well I for one am glad the weekend is over. It was a tough one. Thank God for my Beautiful Louise, I don’t know what I would do without you L.

 

Some smiles before I go.

I went around to Barbies house last night to ask if she could recommend a food mixer, she said no, but Ken would.

 

If you have been thinking lately about singing Karaoke with a friend, just duet.

 

She had a photographic memory, but never developed it.

 

Ever tried eating a clock? It’s very time consuming.

 

And try this when you have a guest who has had a bit too much to drink.

The great Greek grape growers grow great Greek grapes

And this is harder to say than what it looks like.

Black background brown background black background brown background

If you can’t pronounce the sound of TH?

Thirty-three thirsty thundering thoroughbreds thumped Mr. Thurber on Thursday.

 

Finally, a funny quote.

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove you don’t need it.