translate

Wednesday 21 November 2018

WAGAMAMA BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well I have just had the most interesting meal. My Son called me he and Shamrock were going to our local Wagamama’s. He and Sham love that place. He wanted to know if me and his Dad wanted a meal/take away from there. I said his Dad wouldn’t as he is on a fitness regime but I would… I was dying to know what all the fuss was about.

 

BW went to get some lightbulbs first for me. Oh, he said to me over the phone, first I have to go for your bulbs, as if he was doing me a huge favour… I had to remind him, it didn’t bother me if we were in the dark all through the winter. I was fine with that… I think he got the message that actually the lights were in deed for him… Oh my how confusing. It is my pet hate buying bulbs. On the phone he asked me if I wanted 30 40 or 50W? well how do I know? I said that he had the bulb in his hand, just get the same. They don’t do them anymore. This really annoys me. The lights are a year old. So, there are 12 of them in my kitchen. So, why are there not the bulbs anymore? Same happened for the light in our conservatory, OK that is older like a few years six, but surely people keep ceiling lights longer than a few years? Otherwise why not just have the cheapest of cheap fittings? Well he got them and fit them for me. Bless him. Then we sat down to this meal they brought in.

 

Sham and BW served. I waited with good expectations. Oh, my goodness. Never ever have I tried anything so absolutely disgusting. It was positively revolting. And it cost me a fortune too! Dumplings? Really? Gross. They were like soggy bread rolls with a slither of mushroom in. and some leaves. As for the so-called curry? I would give it 0 out of 10. It was sticky rice which would have been enough to feed a fly with this compressed cardboard and a splash of sauce. The cardboard was some kind of vegetable. And that was all that was on the plate I think it was called Catsu curry. Well if it hadn’t have said Vegan, then I would be sure it had something to do with a cat.

 

Seitan which I have been told is a vegetable, but to be honest, I think it is more like the cardboard box the veg may have come in. it was covered in crispy breadcrumbs. Oh gross it really was like a box.   On the website it’s written. “Fresh lively food with soul!””

 Well, not sure about fresh, as for lively, if it had been meat, it would have been jumping off your plate, I’m sure. As for soul? More like the sole of someone’s foot.

Revolting went in the bin but hey, on the bright side, pardon the pun, at least I have lights now in my kitchen… haha, now, whether they are on or off is a different story.

 

No comments: