translate

Friday 9 November 2018

DIARY OF NEWS IN A BED BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening to France, Poland, UK, US, India, Ukraine, Portugal, Brazil, Spain and Ecuador!

I’m in my sitting room with a candle burning. It smells of gingerbread. It’s lovely. Releasing some of the tension that has passed through my house over the past half hour. Haha. Gosh, my Son has ran around today and driven for hours, he has been with friends to a café and on the menu was a vegan sandwich. He ordered and ate 80 per cent of it. Then went to the counter and asked what the substance was on it? Well turned out to be butter. So, that’s now on Instagram and BW’s vegan followers of over a thousand are all sharing as we speak. As he said, what about people who are allergic to dairy? It’s a big thing in the UK now especially after a young girl died some weeks ago after eating something with nuts in when on the packaging it read that it was free of nuts.

 

He drove his gf to work today. And drove back, now he has to go to our town because of someone’s lack of observation, then he is driving in rush hour to pick his GF up again and back. So, four hours if you count this morning, to drive her there and back. Because he is a very kind person. I suggested Sham should get a train as it’s only a minute from where she works. He could then pick her up at our station, in our town, as that is only fifteen minutes’ drive from here, not two hours by the time he gets there and back, but that isn’t going to happen. 

 

I found a vegan cheese sauce today it comes in a pot for the fridge. I boiled carrot sticks, cauliflower and broccoli, then fried some mushrooms in oil/Vegan friendly, along with some leaks and tomatoes as well as a red pepper. Put the drained vegetables in a casserole pot, then poured the cheese sauce over the veg Then, poured over the top the fried food. And then put it in the oven to warm the sauce through. He will have Vegan sausages with that. I bought them yesterday, they are really interesting. They are home made. Not by me but a company called Heck. For screen readers, that is Heck with an H. You can buy them from Waitrose and Asda in the UK. They have great names like The Beat goes on, Bollywood Bangers and the ones I made today are made from Quinoa, spinach, ginger, chilli and a hint of mint. They are best pan fried, and only take two minutes turning all the time. Remember they are not an animal so you can’t go wrong.

 

My Son has got through to the next stage in his interview. He looked so smart. This job is for something he has not done before. So, let’s see. The feedback was great. He was well spoken, knew his subject and was a very polite intelligent young man. My feedback was,

 he looked like some kind of character from James Bond. I love him to bits. I’m so proud of him as is his Dad. Talking of my Husband, he’s coming home from a long way today. I expect he will be tired when he gets in. He still isn’t well. I’m really worried about him.

 

Thank you for all your requests for poetry for Christmas and other occasions. I’m giving it until the end of the weekend then having to put on hold any other requests as to prepare all the poems I have so far, will take at least three weeks.

 

Please feel free to write to me and vote for your favourite blogs of 2018.


 

Off to get my hair cut tomorrow in our town. Hoping to get it done before the Christmas crowds come to our area.

 

It’s a new place. Same hairdresser. I follow him wherever he goes. I jut hope he stays put now, smile. Is that proper English even? To stay put? It means to stay still. Seriously, is it English, or Geordie? Geordie is the accent from where I come from in England.

 

In Australia there has been another terrorist attack, oddly it hasn’t made news on the radio here, and there has been Again another gun crime in America. 307 different shootings this year. How to fight gun crime? Not gun on gun, that’s for sure. My thoughts go out to those who are left to grieve for the poor people who were murdered.

 

In our headlines, a woman was catapulted from her bed during sex has lost her claim in court. Hahahaha. I wanted to know where she got that bed from? An amusement parks?

But reading more into it, not sure I would want that bed, as she has been left paralysed.

 

A warning. Three huge asteroids will fly dangerously close to earth this weekend. One is the size of a skyscraper.

 

In England, prescriptions for diabetics soars to over 1 billion pounds per year.

 

So, I shall close for the weekend now, but I hope you all have a good one. Take care and talk soon. X