translate

Tuesday 27 November 2018

DIARY OF DOWNUNDER AND REAL LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Firstly, I would like to wish a very happy birthday to my lovely brother in law. Hubs brother has his birthday, and though we are not seeing him today, we are getting together soon. Bless him, he is working all day 12 hours.

 

Happy birthday too, to Chloe Hunt. You know who you are girl… Sending loads of love, I know you will be doing something amazing. 21 today, what an age.

 

After seeing a post on a friend’s wall on Facebook, I did laugh. I am guessing it was a picture of a rather odd-looking mushroom. Her caption was who on earth discovered mushrooms and thought it would be a good idea to eat them?

Someone replied the same person who saw an egg drop from a chicken’s butt and thought, hmm, let’s eat that? Hahaha. She cracked me up…

 

There were other answers like some fun guy and my answer was whoever it was, after picking them, I bet there wasn’t mushroom in their basket?

OK, childish I know… that’s me…

One can’t be sensible and all grown up all of the time, can they?

They can?

So, it’s just me then?

 

We have a program in the UK called celebrity get me out of here. It’s set in the jungle. In Australia. This year it’s been really great, lovely people in it and at least I know all of the celebrities. But I really don’t like the animal part of it. It’s just unnecessary. One of the trials the celebs had to do was hold creatures in their mouths for 60 seconds. Then spit them out. Of course, they were alive. Absolutely disgusting. And the food they eat, oh it’s so bad. Alpaca neck and kangaroo. Just some of the foods they eat for the show, moreover what I have learned people eat in Australia absolutely turns my stomach. For example. Emu, witchetty grubs, some kind of large mouse and more.

It’s not happening.

 

A few years ago, Hub was offered a job in Australia. I’m so glad he turned it down for many reasons. I don’t think it would be a good place for us to live. I have asked my friend from Australia how she copes being blind with the snakes and spiders. She just says she gets her place sprayed and is careful. How can she relax? You are in your garden and suddenly something slithers up your leg. Oh, no nononononononno.

 

I guess there are parts of America that are like that too, but I wonder if they can kill there, like they can in Australia? And those crocodiles, oh, my word. I shall stay here for now with our horses and sheep…

 

 

Today it has been so cold. But it’s toasty in the house. Whenever it’s cold and wet outside, I always feel compelled to cook mash potato. Why is that? So, that is for dinner tonight. Most people who are normal, and I’m not, think of the main substance to cook then mash kind of fits in. me, nope, it’s mashed all the way… loads of butter. Oh, I tried using my Sons vegan butter, sorry, I’m struggling to be a vegan. He was so cross with me the other day because I said I fancied chips from a local new van. He said they are cooked in animal fat. I was like I don’t care, I could kill for some chips. (potato fries) on reflection, I’m glad it wasn’t there and I didn’t put myself through eating potatoes fried in animals. He’s a vegan I’m a vegetarian and the awful thing is, I’m not strong enough to go up to the next step.

 

Our Son started his new job today. He looked so smart. He wore new black trousers and black shirt with a smart black jacket and new shoes, pink ones.

Hahaha. Joking, they were orange.

No, really, they were black.

 

He is so cute. He has to show me what he is wearing by taking my hand and letting me touch his clothes. I’m so proud of him. He wasn’t even anxious. I thought he would be as it’s a totally different job to what he has ever done before. Today was training and only for six hours. He didn’t start until 10 am.

 

When BW, came in from work absolutely exhausted. He had a lot to take in today. He wasn’t his normal buzzing self when he first starts a job. This is very different though and personally speaking, I’m not sure the first couple of years will be up his street, but after that, he will enjoy it, he just needs to try to stick at this to get where he needs to be. My Son is a teacher, not a pupil! But he will have to learn the tools of the trade. He has the brain, just not the patients!

 

My Hub was working from home today. Oh, my he started working at 7.30 am. Why so early when he’s from home? Normally it’s about quarter past eight, but today was a new record. I love it when he is at home, I have one less person to worry about. Tomorrow though he’s three hours plus away.

 

11.35 pm Hub was up in the loft. Why? Getting a case for his journey tomorrow. I hate him going up there. Especially when our Son isn’t in the house. Gosh if he fell up there, I really don’t know what I would do? But last year he fell and his slip took him out of the hatch of the loft. That was the first time he has done that in the years I have known him. Up there is a really scary place. Our Son is afraid to go up there as is Shamrock. So that leaves the Hubster but I really hate it. Our next house we are not going to have a loft, or if we have, I should say, it’s going to be empty. The loft is only partially boarded. And it is so full of stuff. Just everything. I’m amazed our house is still up.

 

And finally, some Fi’s facts.

Mars gets its name the red planet from the iron/rust from its surface

   Have you heard of the kid’s toy called a slinky? If you put a tennis ball in the bottom of it and drop the slinky, the bottom won’t move until the top has caught up with it. I think this toy has been around since 1943.

 

The human eye can distinguish more shades of green than any other colour.

Wow, I wonder why? Or how? See, we were meant to leave it green.

 

 

No comments: