translate

Saturday 10 November 2018

DO ANYTHING FOR YOU #PoetryByFionaCummings


DO ANYTHING FOR YOU

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Just to hear your voice, one more time

To feel safe with your hand in mine

To see your smile

To be able to visit you, even for a while

To buy a gift for your birthday

To give you a card

But those days have been stolen

And it’s so hard

No more words will be spoken

And my heart is broken

To have a day with you even an hour

But sadly I don’t have that power

You were taken from me

Far too soon

But you were set free

From your pain

And were given wings to fly to the moon

On your journey ever so far

I hope you caught all the stars

And found your pot of gold over the rainbow

I love you you know

These words are so true

I’d do anything for you

 

© Fiona Cummings 11 11 2018

Happy Birthday Dad I will never let you be forgotten