translate

Saturday 10 November 2018

HAIR TODAY, GONE TOMORROW BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. Today I went to visit my dear friend who just happens to be my hairdresser too. He’s the best. I love to visit him. He’s like a brother. The town was awful. There were protesters against Brexit. People say there were one thousand people there. It was intimidating. It was a total stressful atmosphere. Before three in the afternoon too it was full of drunks. I can’t stand going there. But I love my guy and it’s been four months since I had my hair cut. It was desperate.  

 

Hairdressers are so noisy now days. And they don’t make sense. The first hairdressers I went to where my friend worked, was a very well known one. You walked through the door and straight ahead was the counter. But then to the left and right were the seats. The last one he worked, was the worst, as there were steps to the sink for example. Todays was the most unusual. When I got to the seat, I seamed to be in the middle of the room with someone in front of me someone behind. Sounds all around. Thank God James is so lovely, he met me and guided me all the way, I love his new way, as he washes hair as well as cuts, so I don’t need to worry as like other places, there is the hairdresser and then the person who will wash..  the person washing used to walk off afterwards expecting me to follow.

 

 You are getting your hair cut, how many ladies look in the mirror to see the progress? I can’t do that, but I do trust him. The funny thing is, you know how I’m always trying to act as a sighted person, well today was no different. I found myself talking to him looking through the mirror in front of me. As if to look at his reflection. Well firstly, how stupid is that? Secondly was there even a mirror there? Haha. He was talking to me at the side of me at one point, then I thought, stop doing what you are doing and look at the poor guy. He wasn’t cutting then. I really don’t know why I try to do stupid things like that. I guess it stems from just trying to fit in. well didn’t fit in this afternoon getting there for sure. I stotted into so many people. I got shouted at by one woman. It was hell in the town today. But now my hair is so soft and I have had the thumbs up from my boy. He loves my hair cut. And he is very particular.

 

I got home, Hub was in the house I was starving. I couldn’t be bothered to cook for the family, so I suggested a Pizza delivered. Hmm. I thought that was a good idea. Well Hub isn’t eating. BW is into only health food. So, that left me. Normally I would say no, I’m not ordering a Pizza for one person. But stuff it… I did. It came. I couldn’t eat it all as always, and I only ordered a medium one. But hey, it will keep till later.

 

I need to get back into reading books on my kindle. Those cold days are perfect to listen to words written by wonderful people who share their talents with whoever will listen or read what they have to say. I have to confess I don’t read like I would like to my head is too full to relax enough to be able to escape into another world. I admire my friend JB who listens to her books. I would feel so guilty that I’m chilling whilst I should be doing something, an yet, I can write, but when I do that, my mind is working, when I’m listening to a book, my mind thinks of something else and the books just background sound. I can’t seem to be able to get into listening and relaxing. But in my plan, I really wish to do so!

 

      Today is the tenth day of November 2018. One day until Remembrance Day. I feel so sad at this time of year. Tomorrow on such a day would have been my Darling Dads birthday. How I miss him. I have been robbed of 20 of his birthdays. How I wish I could have one more chance to buy his jumper, and his pair of slippers. How I wish I could hug my Dad and say happy birthday to him. Tomorrow is a day we remember the soldiers. And for me a day I remember the best man who ever lived. A caring kind funny loving Dad. I burn inside with pain. I miss him so much. I wish he could have got to know Hub and my Son more!

 

My Dad was a great soul, and they say that great souls never die. My Dad never told me off. He left that to my Mum. Smile. He never showed me how to live, he just let me watch him, and learn from his ways.

 

So, Dad, wherever you are, who ever you are with, I wish you a very happy birthday. I hope people where you are now are showing you the respect you deserve and giving you the love, you should have, because you always had so much love for others.

 

I wish I was going out tomorrow to keep me busy, but I’m staying in. Our dogs may be going for a lovely walk locally. But apart from that, I guess it will be a day of housework. But you never know, I may be surprised what will happen.

 

Before I go, remember don’t wait for opportunity, create it. What you will allow, is what will continue. Until later. X