translate

Friday 21 September 2012

Weekend wishes

 
Weekend wishes

 

Sorry I am late in writing today. I have been busy doing a job I really do not like but am kind of obsessed with and that is housework. I am not the mad person I was some years ago when you could eat from my floors and skate on my table? Not may I add that friends coming to visit me did such tricks? Now I clean to be tidy, not to be judged for a competition of the cleanest carpet candidate!
So I dusted my conservatory as after the tiles the dust is pretty grim. I tell you, I am tall and you will know if you read earlier blogs that my conservatory is green and it was like doing the garden in there today? My windowsill is low and very long so lifting everything up to dust and polish the ornaments was back breaking, just like digging the garden. Talking of gardens, my apple tree? I planted it with my teen a few weeks ago…. Well, neither of us are gardeners and the soil is like concrete, in the crisp cool evenings of Christmas. Well we had no spade, so I asked my teen to go and buy one from our local B&Q? A place of late where I should have had shares as I have spent a fortune there over the past few weeks as we rebuilt the house that Jack built!

Well if you could have seen my image conscious teen dolling himself up to go to buy a long handled spade? I did wonder how he was going to carry it home but when I heard him go to get his bike from the garage, I did not dare ask where he was going to put his purchase? Off he went bless his manufactured socks, into the wind.

Well fifteen minutes later, coming down the street, I heard the wheels trundling along. He must have looked like a witch flying through the air.
He would have looked so funny but when he showed us what he had bought, well it was a long handled shovel. The difference? A spade is flat so you can dig deep.

Well as he tried to chizzle his way as though to dig for gold, I got told in a grumpy teen voice, to go in the house and stop nagging him. I did, after a while, I   returned to my little humanoid, handy garden gnome, asking him “How big is the hole? He replied,

“It’s a nightmare, two cm. It’s blooming hard work this!”

Well before midnight, we had a hole about a foot and the new apple tree went in. Will it live? Well if it does, “I won’t Adam and Eve it?

Nothing interesting happening in my life this weekend, so sorry for the boring blog. When you hear of people going out, having fun tonight and tomorrow, if you’re not going or doing anything, you’re not the only one!

Oh tomorrow I can tell you about my disaster I had a couple of weeks ago. It was dreadful. In the meanwhile, have a peaceful weekend and K.I.T?

No comments: