translate

Thursday 20 September 2012

Murder mystery


Murder mystery

By Fiona Cummings
Ok, here I am after my rather revolting breakfast. Revolting to some, but to me, norm? Haha, so what was it? Ready for this? Spring onion/ salad onion/ where I come from  scallion sandwich. Yep, how awful is that? Having saying that, when I took pack lunch to school when I was on my last year, I used to use up the cold toast and put chop pork and chutney in and eat them four hours later…..No chop pork now though, so hence the onion…..Ok, I know, I could have toast, cereal, anything but onion sandwich, I am just odd I guess? What is the worst thing you ever eat for your breakfast?  My love was good, he had porridge. He is normal.

So our posty/post man, rang our bell this morning, as the rain pattered against our bedroom window and the draft blew in from the necessary half opened window. Necessary, because the paint was rather strong as well as the conservatory getting painted, our en-suite door got done too. In a safe white colour. Trying to get past the open door last night in our tiny bedroom, was hard when you can’t see the blooming door, but we did it and no paint anywhere rather than where it should be. Well as far as I know it’s not all over the floor? I trust my painter, he is a good man, but don’t ask him to do a toothpaste advert? Hence the earlier post!

My Husband put on his robe and ran/walked down stairs to answer the door. Oh it was our candlesticks, which I/we bought on eBay.

All the description said was

Silver Birmingham hallmarked 1971 and they were 5in high.

So we bid for them as the lovely seller got 100% feedback.

Were they to be plain or ornate? Did they have lots of marks on them, were they Gaudy? It was too late to worry, we bid and won.

We opened them and they are lovely, “Few!” Plain, simple and smooth. Loved one wants to collect silver, but at that price, I think it will take us 25 years to have a shelf of silver? I will tell you in tomorrow blog why a new collection has been talked about. My dear friends know but you, my new friends don’t but will tell when it is safe tomorrow.

The lovely candles are now on top of my loves piano, let’s hope he does not open the lid of it and send them flying? As especially how much we have just had to spend on fixing the varnish on it, another story, remind me to tell you about that one, you would not believe it?

It is raining, it is dull, it is cold, but Dean, our canary is in full flow.

Will write more later about a serious subject. You’re here again today thank our maker. It’s great to know that. I am pleased you are here.  Keep in touch? xxx
P.s, why the headding "Murder mystery?" Ha, ha, see if you can guess?

No comments: