translate

Saturday 29 September 2012

TO TOWN WITH THE TEEN


TO TOWN WITH THE TEEN

Well we got up when the birds were still having breakfast. What mood was the teen going to wake up with? Almost too afraid to speak, not wanting to hear Mr Anger! When a calm voice came from the landing,

“Morning Mum, time to get up?” I opened the bedroom door in shock at the nice gentle spoken person was standing outside my bedroom door. Then I realised the smooth talking tongued teen was my Son. How did I know? He was in front of a mirror.

So we got ready, let the dogs out, harnessed my black beauty up, left the other one to sulk in the house and did the short walk to the bus stop. A typical autonomous day said good morning to us, as we treaded through the crisp cornflake like leaves. The evil tree at the top of our street caught me again with its spiky weapon arm. Right in the eye.

We missed our bus by two minutes and the delectable darling of a teen did not even complain?

The bus came and whilst I was on it my mobile rang. It was my electrician/handy man. Telling me he was at my house waiting to get in to do some work.

“Oopsy!” Oh I felt bad; he came a long way for nothing.

Little did my Son know I had taken a device called “React” It is a  small round  watch like thing that you  turn on and when you are outside some important buildings, the lamppost talks to you. Well we got off at the right stop, how did I know? Because my device “Bing bonged” So loudly then announced where we were. I said to my teen, “Is that good or what? He said is that your little thing? I said yes, he said “Cool!!!” Well then we stood whilst he put into his GPS where we needed to go and of course it went again, again, and again. I did get a little red at this point as the man has a deep voice and it is so loud? I turned to my Son as he asked me in gritted teeth to turn it off? “It’s ok Son; no one knows it’s me? Well I just thought it was a speaker on a lamppost so for tourists? Oh no, my teen said,

“Mum, it’s got R N I B written on it and you have a guide dog?” Another “Woopsy?

Well we found what we needed to find and I must say we had a  lovely day. Apart from me getting a little familiar with a lamppost, all went well and I even got my delicious Cornish pasties. They are huge and so nice and for vegetarians, they have quite a lot of choices.

So we got back safely and now he is blasting his music getting ready to go out with his friends and I am writing to mine. I hope today has been ok for you and for me a very simple day, has made a huge difference.

Thank you my teen. Talk to you later xx

No comments: