translate

Saturday 22 September 2012

Our journey to church


I love Ya

About 8 weeks ago, my Husband and I decided to start going to our local church. Love of my life was / is well into the church scene as for me? Well I believe alright, but it is a religion of love and life with lots of spiritual feelings rubbed in as well as aliens from another planet and the bible. Nothing is straight forward with me.

 

I wanted to meet more people get out of the house where for many years I have been suffocated by four walls. I was apprehensive to say the least about going. I went to a church in America and I really loved it. It had everything in a church that I believe should be in a church. Great songs, wonderful words from the amazing Pasta Chuck that made you think throughout the day and at the end of it, happy smiley people all eating the best sandwiches and homemade soup.

I had learned the rout with my mobility instructor who is great and my little black beauty of a guide dog.

Off we went my Hubby and I into the open spaces, over hanging trees that always find my face as I pass by. Up and down the steps wondering how I did not fall over them and hoping I had turned the right corner and prayed I was able to find the gap in, the pathway that gave access to the road to cross for our church. No pressure, ye, right? My Hubby was following with his stunning companion, a black Shepard with white tips on her paws and a hint of white on her chest. He did not know where the church was as he had never done the routs before. I did all the local ones and left the busy town for my love….

I felt sick at this point as did not know what to expect.

 

We did well, we found the door and very kind ladies guided us to seats. From then on, everyone was so friendly, though we could not join in with the songs as they were all written on a board and though we were in church, a miracle did not occur that day and give us sight?

 

Over a cup of tea at the end of church, a lady took our email down and said she would make sure the words would be sent to us, so my Hubby could put them on his electronic Braille machine. Loved one did not think they would ever arrive, but they did and my Loved one was in full flow the following week.

 Me, well I cannot see so cannot read print and I have not been taught Braille, so I am stuffed. But tonight, we were sent the words to a song vie email, so my screen reader can talk and I may be able to remember some words on Sunday? Well are you ready for the deep and meaningful song?

 

I love ya

I might have knobbly knees

A squidgy tum

Hairy toes and a wiggly bum

But Jesus says to me “I love ya!”

 

I might have spiky hair

A dimply chin

Pointy ears and a cheeky grin

But Jesus says to me “I love ya!”

 

‘Cos He made me in a special way

According to His plan

And Jesus looks inside my heart

At whom I really am

 

So I’ve got clapping hands

Arms I raise

Dancing feet for all my days

‘Cos Jesus says to me “I love ya!”

 

Ha-ha, isn’t that the best? Of course it’s a song for the kids, well I bet the adults love it more than the children, or is that just me?

It’s a great  church with young families and sometimes they have sessions where by the congregation are asked to mingle the first time that happened, Loved one and I looked to each other with the knowledge that no one would come to us as we are to be avoided like the plague, because we don’t see. But no, people spoke to us. Thank them so much, they do not know what such a simple thing to speak to us meant! If only people realised, that blindness is a sentence given to one hundred people in the U.k per week. People like you, who can see perfectly on the Monday, but by Wednesday, could be blind. It doesn’t have to be hereditary or an accident, there are so many ways you can go blind and if God forbid you did, how would you feel if people stopped talking to you, started to talk about you like you can not hear them? Did not invite you to their BBQ’s or parties?  Believed you don’t work? Well let me tell you, My Husband has so many qualifications and three degrees and a Masters in business administration and holds a very high job, where he is very passionate and loyal to. Me? That is another story. I have A’s through to C’s but my life has been rather difficult but now it is my time and I want to make myself believe in me and I thank God for each and every one of you reading this blog, knowing your there, your supporting this blog, makes me feel worth something. When I am strong and know I have achieved something, I will work to help you to follow a life changing pathway and if you are happy with the path you have taken already, great I hope to meet you one day.

 

Take care caus I care..

No comments: