translate

Thursday 27 September 2012

A week of worry


The birds had not even awoken when our alarm went off to get us up for work for my love, a week of worry for me. Normally he travels to far away countries like New Zealand, Australia far parts of the America’s and countries like Africa and India where he could have trouble. You would not think that somewhere like Greece or Spain would have bother, but they are this week and guess where my Husband is going to work? Greece and the lovely Madrid! Yesterday’s headlines were

Hooded youths clash with police in Athens during a workers protest, with Molotov cocktails being thrown.

 So I put on my robe and shivered down the stairs, to find my two sleepy dogs. Though tired, they are always ready for a pat and a love! I turned the dial on the thermostat and put on the kettle. I opened the back door to let the dogs out for their morning contributions. The sky had the dark feel and the roads were silent. I thanked God we were all ok after all the dreadful floods and felt sorry for all those who are    in a devastating situation today.

My dogs came in and I closed the door to the dark, damp, dawn.

As my love gathered his last minute items I placed his cup of tea on the kitchen table and sat with my head wresting on  the backs of my wrists, wondering what this next week had install for us both.

I felt so empty and he had not even left. I have to try so hard not to cry but you know when you get that lump in your throat and you have to swallow so hard for it not to pop out?

He half drank his tea and told his long legged lovely, not me, hahahahaha, his dog, he would not be taking her this time. When he goes abroad, he leaves her with me. She is my protector, bless her. Oh well, the face went on as though she understood every word he spoke to her in his smooth velvet voice.

His taxi came and we said our goodbyes. I closed the front door, staying behind it, listening to him talking with the taxi driver. Then / now, I just wait for a week for reports of where he is, how he is and together we count down the days the hours, the seconds till once again he is in my arms.

Our teen went to school with a newly washed uniform, as yesterday, he “Fell playing football!” Well it must have been one heck of a fall, as his blazer now has a whole and even his shirt muddy as well as his trousers.

My unit arrived yesterday, it’s lovely. Really really lovely. Like what you would have in a French farmhouse kitchen. American oak, it is I am told like a dark pine colour, very rustic but solid. I only wish I still had my lovely china? But I still have too much of it and will fill it today and tomorrow.

Were you tempted by the lovely menu yesterday lunch time? Hahahahaha. I bet you were all trying the recipes out for tea last night?

Will talk more later today but in the meanwhile, love each other and if you’re alone right now, remember, you never know what is around the corner? I am an advocate for that cliché. More later, Honeys x

No comments: