translate

Monday 24 September 2012

Crashing down


Crashing down

The pizza was really nice but was not too sure about the television program the family were watching whilst munching away at our tea? It was about take a way food places that were not serving what they said they were….”Yack?”

A couple of weeks ago I had a disaster. My old friends will know about, I bought two new units from Argos. They were £120 each, so not deer. They were six foot tall, by two foot wide had a light and were all glass, the door, the sides and the back was mirror the top sort of wood. One was put together by my teen and a handy man put the second one up.

I carefully placed my Mums beautiful china and my Nanas bits and bobs, mugs that I had collected over the years were also precariously placed in with love.

 

In total it took me three days to fill both units, one with a bit of everything and the other salt and pepper sets I collect. I went to add an item I had left out and the whole lot came crashing down. One unit, funny enough the one that the handy man did. Oh I was devastated. I broke my heart. The sound will never leave me. I froze with incredulous fear. Fear of being out of control of my history passing by me. Gone forever.

Places I had gone to in my life were in that cabinet. I could not bear to look at the unit, the bits we disposed of.

To try and get some of the lost money back, I called our insurance. They told me to take pictures of every bit of china and individually list the items and estimate the cost of replacing them. I told the person on the other end, that I was blind and unable to take photographs. She told me to get someone who would be able to help. I told her the bits were in one inch pieces. She told me to focus on the bits with the stamps on. So close ups of my life’s precious collection. Talk about rubbing salt into the wound. Oh she also said I was not to throw any of it away, to keep it safe for their people to look at if necessary?

I told her I was not going to bother with any of that. I was so upset and felt like I was grieving.

Well the unit went on eBay and guess what it went for? …….Come on, I bet you will not guess the correct amount? “Give it a go?”

 £6.36. I pray to God, she does not put too much in it?

Well On Wednesday, my new unit will arrive. A better quality one what do I have left to put in? About two boxes from my garage, well, I hope I have? I moved about ten weeks ago and that is what is missing. I have had that many people working on the house; it’s hard to know if they were all honest. Will find out in a couple of days when I hunt through the garage, for the missing boxes.

Well my teen came in from school and did his usual thing, ate had a cuppa, played his music loudly and did his weights. Ate more and watched television with me, went up to his bedroom, supposedly to sleep and prowled the landing through the night, shouting “Night, there was no answer from me as did not want to wake my Hubby as  he is still not too well so he shouted again, “Night? I whispered, “Goodnight, he asked rather loudly, “What did you say? So I am up writing this, having an orange juice, listening to my dog snoring, my other dog running in her dream and my wind chimes dancing in the moonlight, to the rhythm of the breeze! I have had no complaints from my new neighbours as yet; I put them there so that when we were learning the routes we would be able to find our house, until our guide dogs learned where to go. My black beauty has been known to go into other people’s houses before. What can I say; she is a friendly little thing, like her Mum? Well, I’m not so little. Well, ok, not little at all!

I have a friend who is not a happy bunny right now, they are very angry with the world and who can blame that person? They have been dealt a bad pack of cards over the past few years. How do you help someone like that? You can be there for them, you can empathise with them and try to give them good advice, but in the end, they have to go through their pathway on their own, with you waiting at the other end with open arms and sometimes in the process, you have to be prepared for some knockbacks from them as they lash out at you. If you walk away, who will they have left? Then when you need someone, let’s hope they remember how good you were to them? What goes around, comes around, I really believe in that, do you?

A friend who is always there

If I could catch a rainbow I would do it just for you

And share with you it's beauty on the days you're feeling blue

If I could build a mountain you could call your very own

A place to find serenity A place to be alone

If I could take your troubles I would toss them in the sea

But all these things I'm finding are impossible for me

I cannot build a mountain or catch a rainbow fair

But let me be what I know best A friend that's always there.

 

That is so nice, not mine and don’t know the orthor, but I bet he or she is really a lovely person?

Every little hello, every little smile, every helping hand saves a hurting heart.

Till later my friends xx

No comments: