translate

Monday 24 September 2012

REFLECTIONS OF AUTUMN

 REFLECTIONS OF AUTUMN
By Fiona Cummings

Autumn leaves

Walking through the crunchy, crisp autumn leaves

Smelling the last of the seasons cuttings from the nearby fields

Surrounded by golden floating flakes

Tip topped ice on the overfilled lakes

Raindrops fall against my window pain

In the distance I hear an,old steam train

In my house the coals burn in the amber flames

Reflections flicker in the navy nights

The geese sing in their flight

High in the starry blanket of clowds

Migrating for the change a head

My dog curls up in her bed

In the open air 

The smell of smoke lingers

From the preparation for guy Fawkes

How I love the autumn for the fresh walks

The cosy home life

Of cups of Cocoa  

Tasty goodies like marshmallows

But better seasons are to come

Winter soon, with it’s snowy fun

 

No comments: