translate

Wednesday 12 December 2018

THE MISSING GLOVE #PoetryByFionaCummings


THE MISSING GLOVE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Here I stand

One glove on my hand

My hat isn’t, on right

I should be blue with the cold

But I’m white

I can’t see as for my eyes I have coal

I have a red and white scarf

To try to stop me getting cold

But I can tell you

It doesn’t work

A broom I do hold

Why I’m not sure

As I can’t even walk

Or talk

But I smile

For passers by

And when no one is near

I carry a frozen tear

As I’m all alone

And forgotten about when the snow has gone

But my soul does roam

Through winters past

And futures that will forever last

I will be back

With my orange nose

And my eyes so black

My crooked hat

And my old mans scarf

That was given with love

But will I find my missing glove?

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: