translate

Monday 17 December 2018

NOEL AND THE CHRISTMAS CAKE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets.

Well it’s heading towards mid-morning now and I have been up for hours. I was woken at 6 am by the hairdryer. Well, someone switching it on at least. We don’t have a fandom hair tool with a mind of its own…

 

Hubs alarm went off at quarter to seven and by that point I got up as I just felt so restless. I have a few meetings this week but at least tomorrow I’m seeing lovely Pip we are having a real exciting day, oh, Bloggets, I will be the envy of you all. Guess where I’m going?

 The Chiropodist.

Told you that you would be envious of me… hahaha.

 

Saturday and Sunday, we had family days this weekend. So, a busy time. But as for today, I have to keep my eyes open for some hours as this afternoon I have a meeting/interview and I can’t say I’m excited about it.

 

Oh, wait till I tell you, old Bloggets/readers will remember about our Christmas mouse. Well every year for the past four years, we have had a little visitor. Thank God we have managed to catch it and sadly killed it. Awful, but there is no way Hub or myself are going to take the little creature and set it free. I would just freak out. Last year, BW was as much as a wimp as us. This year? Oh, my, Hub knows his Son better than me. As he said no way BW will agree to killing the mouse. I hadn’t thought of that. And Hub was so correct. BW said he will catch it and set it free. Very nice Son, but when? Perhaps when it’s eaten its way through the wiring? Or bit through our newish sofa’s? or worse, got into our food cupboards. Even plates, I’m leaving nothing out. I’m disinfecting the work tops. I feel ill with the thought of a mouse. Every Christmas the mouse comes.

And goes.

But that was before we had a vegan in the family.

 

So, whilst we wait for BW to calmly catch the mouse, I’m a nervous wreck. Hub says tonight, the mouse gets it.

 Oh, no, I hope BW brings home a humane trap.

 

Today is the big boy’s day at work for him. Bless him, he’s a wreck with it. But is still liking it more than where he used to work. He went out on Friday night with his work colleagues. Managers and Directors were there. All I’m saying is, I’m very shocked at todays society. Especially people as such ages where they should know better. Oh, but one story I shall tell you. One man who was learning from BW on Thursday, not sure learning what, as BW still is very unsure about what he is doing. Got very drunk. It was a nice hotel. They were given vouchers to buy alcohol with. Well BW was stood next to this colleague shall I call him, for the want of a better word.

 

The guy slammed the vouchers down on the bar and demanded his drinks. Oh, no, not in front of my Son…. BW calmly told this man who by the way is at least double our Sons age. To pick the vouchers back up, and place them gently in the lady’s hand. Meanwhile BW apologised to the lady saying there is no excuse for the man’s rudeness. I said, oh, my Son, what did he say? BW replied in his calm way.

“He picked them up and handed her them!””

Well it could have gone very wrong. The man could have punched BW. Just to add BW didn’t enjoy his night, which is so sad. I kind of hoped now he was mixing with intelligent people, it would be a better environment. I can tell you, they were far from intelligent that night.

 

One good thing, was the lovely hotel caterers provided some great food for vegans. Good old Holiday Inn. I love those places.

 

Well I thought after this weekend, we would have made some space, but no, we handed over 17 Christmas presents and received a bag full back as well as an enormous bag too.

 

Oh, we also have the most delicious Christmas cake. A friend of a friend makes them and I know it’s delicious because our friend got one too and yesterday with a cup of tea, at her house, we tried hers. It was wrapped so lovely with a beautiful Christmas ornament tied to the plastic it was wrapped in. it’s a wooden house and it hangs by beads. Inside the house our friend told us it was written (Nowel)

Well I wondered why she thought there should be an L, in Christmas? Haha. In the middle ages, several carols began with the word Nowell, where as French carols began with Noel.

Our English carol the first Noel, was written in a book, in 1823    and some carols start with Nowel or Noel meaning the birth of Christ. The word Noel comes from the French word Nouvelles, meaning news, as in news of the birth of Jesus.

Now if you wish to hear a beautiful sound, then after the advert may play you will hear by clicking on here.


 

 

No comments: