translate

Tuesday 4 December 2018

A DATE WITH ANDREA, MICHAEL AND GEORGE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Well a girl can dream?

On this 4th day of December, 2018, I write to you from my office at home just starting to thaw out after coming in from the home of Jack Frost. Trying to write with fingers wrapped around a cup of coffee, isn’t a good idea.

 

Doing last poems for people by Monday of next week. After that, no more until next year. So, please if you are needing any written, email me. Also, please keep your suggestions coming in for your favourite blog of 2018 and I shall let you know in order what you are all thinking by the end of the year.

 

Gosh December is running away with me. Why can’t time be the same every day, each  day have the same amount of time than the previous one did. Why do some days drag when there is nothing to do but time flies when you have a lot to fix and prepare? It’s not that time rushes because I am kept busy, because to be honest the things I need to do are not getting done. I hoped this Christmas would be different. But sadly not. Still life is a struggle. Still I shop mainly on line. I hoped to go to shops out there in the big world. But Amazon is my friend once again. For Hub it’s been eBay. Haha. Charming, but he keeps telling me that they don’t just sell second hand items. He tried to get me to buy some vegan food for our son the other day, em, no, why? I exclaimed. It’s eBay. God only knows where it’s come from. But he reassures me that they are huge warehouses with hundreds of thousands of products by shopping there, we just cut out the middle man. Right now, I’m quite content with the middle man thank you.

 

I have an appointment in a couple of weeks and it has to be done by taxi and I’m not looking forward to that. At least it’s somewhere not berried in our town.

 

I have to go to my home place of Northumberland and visit our dear friends to exchange gifts. Now, normally it would be OK but this year, we are to bring back a Christmas cake. Normally I would post the gifts let’s see if BW can take time to take us as he too wants to see our friends. He missed out last year and he didn’t like it. But he has himself a right social life this year. I’m really pleased to say he is going out twice, once with his friends from school. I’m sure Sham will be going too… and his work Christmas party. I’m happy to think he may have found himself a really good guy as a new friend there, but it’s early days. At least where he is going it’s a lovely hotel. He has to drive miles on two occasions to pick up Sham after her parties. Well one work and one night out in a rough place with a girl she works with. Both pick ups will be around midnight. So, combining him drinking one night not driving for at least 12 hours after that and picking up Sham, our time with him is going to be short. We are hoping to see our besties before Christmas too. Not a good time to travel by trains at Christmas. Our Son also wants to see someone from where he used to live so maybe we can Have

the train up there and he could pick us up? My brother in law and sister in law are coming through too and I’m also hoping to see my brother an sister in-law, also my Niece is coming through at some point. I still have shopping to do for Christmas, and how many days are left before the big day?

 

If I could see, I could have it all done in three days. Easy. If you have sight, and have time away from dependents, please know how lucky you are.

 

Hub made me laugh the other day as he wore something a new shirt, it’s one my Son gave to Hub. He said one of his colleagues told him, in that shirt, he looks like James bond. Haha, I rudely said he should have said, more like Brooke Bond…. (A brand of tea in the UK)  

James Bond’s 007 first gun is to go in auction. Gosh how much will that sell for?

 

Talking of Hub and his looks, well, he was told at the weekend when we were with family, he looked like Andrea Bocelli.

OK, I can handle that. Funny, I remember what Hub looked like as a child, and in my head, I do have him looking like that wonderful man.

Wish he had his money.

Have you heard his new song with his Son? And his new album is called

  

Now for screen readers, it’s not as in see, as in seeing, as I thought. It’s I would guess the Italian word for yes… Guessing. But it is a little funny and I’m sure was meant to make some, people think. I do love him though.

 

Hub tells me he’s as in Andrea, is too old for me. Hahaha, well excuse me, I think Hub forgets we are  the age we are… it’s scary how many people as a child I thought of as old, who are now ten, twelve or fifteen years older than me.

 

. Of course they always were, just I’m an adult now, not a child or teen or in my early twenties.  Even when we are for example, 21, 25, someone in  their thirties seems so much older. As we get older, we seem somehow to catch up.

 

But for now, Andrea shall be a voice I love and a memory of his looks twenty years ago, but my absolute favourite singer now, who only if I was single of course, and he had a charitable moment would be, not Michael Buble, though I would never refuse a song from him, smile but it would be     George Ezra. Oh, my, I love him. I so badly wish I could go to a concert of his. Shamrock tried to get tickets but sadly we were too late. Every song he has had out, I love. His new album is called Staying at Tamara’s. Hang on a piggin cotton minute Georgie boy, should that not have been Staying at Fiona’s?

 

  And I shall leave you with that thought… and talk tomorrow. In the meanwhile, smile and the world will smile with you.

 

 

 

No comments: