translate

Tuesday 11 December 2018

DIARY OF REAL LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Oh, something has happened I’m nervous and excited. I can’t say at the moment, but I hope this is good news. It’s a huge step for me but one I am prepared to take. I just hope I don’t trip.

 

And more good news, my Son went live yesterday. As in he was on his own at work. Two weeks of training and already he’s working solo. I honestly didn’t think he would make it until the end of the first five days. Week two I had him finishing for sure. This is week three, and so far, so good. His job is very difficult mentally and certainly multi-tasking. He has three screens at work. He is talking with three different people at once. In the meanwhile, people are skyping him. He is having to problem solve. Get peoples passwords back, find lost files and fix whatever is broken. Whilst person A, is waiting he’s researching into how to help them and talking to person B, about their troubles and looking at what is wrong with person C’s computer, whilst giving person A’s answer.

 

So, he can have three people on the phone may be one from India, one from England and one from France for example, receive emails from another person with the answer as well as have three screens open trying to read answers from what he has typed in. All internal colleagues but not all from his building, in fact 90 per cent of the people are from other parts of the UK or other countries. I doubt he will ever like it, but   yesterday he didn’t complain and he’s still there. I said if he got to where he was actually doing the job, then he would be better, but I honestly didn’t think he would get there. I feared he would take a long time learning as it is totally different to what he has ever done before, and he hates the classroom. But thankfully two weeks. But he won’t be permanent until between three and 12 months. Depends when they will think he is good enough to keep on, or let go.

All his colleagues have worked with computers since university. He hasn’t done anything in the work place apart from emails and design a website for one company he worked for, but that was over a couple of days and that was that.

 

They have sat him on the desk, well, not actually on the desk, but at a desk, smile. Of the company’s genius. Boy Wonder said to me when he learned this, they have put him there because they think he can aspire to this man, or he needs the most help and this man can do that. Haha. I personally think a bit of both. Our Son has never been a person who sits in his bedroom playing around with his computer, in fact he hasn’t used a lap top or computer in two years. And that was only to download his holiday pictures.

 

I have had a lovely day with my dear friend Geordie. She’s my footballer’s wife friend… So, I started by straightening my hair, then the make up began. Oh, heck, I’m fine with foundation, powder, blush and lipstick, but eye makeup, no, I never dare unless Boy Wonder will be in the same house. And today he wasn’t here, and I dared to do eye makeup. Whatever was I thinking about? I thought, put the mascara on Fifi, it’s clear, so what do you have to lose?

On it went followed by some gold I bought for this time of year. Then.

Oh. Then.

I found a third mascara.

Oops.

Yeah. I remembered. I only bought some weeks ago, a brown mascara. And it was that I used, as the clear one I bought for my Nieces wedding was still new in its box.

Oopsie moment coming on I thought. Now what?  I was up against time. I had seven minutes before my friend was due.

So, was I going out looking like a panda? Or I came a close second with Mike Tyson!

And then for the so-called lip stain. I mean what’s wrong with lip stick? Well it’s the same shape as my lip gloss. So, on went the lip stain. Then realising it was too glossy and was my gloss, so on went the stain. I mean, the name of it alone sounds a little odd.

 

So, I put on my lovely Christmas coat as I call it. It’s a red long one that feels almost velvet. A spray of my favourite perfume and I was good to go. What did I look like? God knows and he wasn’t telling. We went to a country pub with a coal fire. OK, they forgot to or just didn’t bother putting it on, it was so cold in there, shame really but the staff were friendly and the food was good. Moreover, Geordie and I had the best chat, laughs and put the world to rights. We exchanged gifts and had a wonderful time.

 

And finally, Hub and I watched a program last night that we recorded from a couple of nights ago. Oh, my it was disturbing. A lady was getting a take away with her Grandchildren. She then was on the phone to the kids Mum. Telling her what the children were bringing home for dinner. As the Grandma started the car to drive, she handed the phone to one of the little girls. Who continued to talk with her Mum? Then the old lady in her early seventies may be younger? Slumped forward and crashed the car. The Mother on the other end of the phone heard the crash and the children screaming. Long story short, the elderly lady had a stroke. She lost a lot of her sight; her speech was totally gone. She was brain damaged.

 

The children’s Mum looked after her at home. But realising she needed her house adapting to accommodate her Mum, she had to put her Mum in care. Well the home was awful. 30 patients for three members of staff. People were wetting themselves and wondering around the home. I know from personal experience that this does go on. My Sons girlfriend worked as a carer and from the age of 17, she was one of sometimes only two staff to care for up to 30 people. Well the old Mother got out of the home and went missing.

 

Long story again cut short. She was found and lived again with the children’s Mum the old lady’s daughter. The kids Mum was newly split from her Husband who had an affair. Her home life was bad. She had no money. The old lady had no money, no savings and her house weren’t hers. It was rented. So, after viewing a beautiful tranquil safe home, learning that was out of the question because of finances, the young Mother had to care again at her house for the older Mum. Life was challenging. It was sad that if you have money, you get a good ending that is safe and pleasant. If you have no money, you are put in a dreadful unpleasant unsafe home. After a long time, the young Mother learned that she was intitled to funding from the Government. But she had to do so much research to learn this. No one told her this. Because they want to keep as much money as possible. One nurse said to the daughter of the elderly lady. “If it’s a case of saving a young person’s life because your Mother is messing herself and needs changing, then we are obviously going to save the young persons life.” there were so many other comments said to the daughter throughout the program. It was disturbing. I found it so upsetting and Hub was so upset by it as he had a relative who went through a bad time with dementia and it reminded him of her. It just showed that money talks and it shouldn’t when it comes to a loved one’s care. So, like this lady who was depicted in the program, she worked all of her life. She had been in hospital twice, to have both of her children. And that was all of the money she used as far as hospitals are concerned. No operations nothing. Now she needs help, where is it for her? Oh, it was so sad. What makes a rich person better than a person from a low-income family. She never missed a day’s work in her life, just her pay was very low. She was a good person. Kind too. In her retirement, looked after the daughter’s children as the young mother worked. She had to work hard because the useless father didn’t pay a penny towards the children’s upbringing.

 

And some good news from bad. A man if you want to call him that, 32 years ago, strangled and raped two little girls. He denied it and was freed. Well fast forward now, because of DNA, he has been arrested again and given life. new evidence. Hopefully life will mean life. in our country, life has a very odd meaning. If you have done wrong many years ago, don’t sleep well tonight or any other night, as your DNA, will be somewhere.

 

Economic reforms are going on in France. Poor Paris has seen the worst crimes. Vandals. So sad, but hopefully now it’s over. Though many people will be scarred by the violence that has gone on. I don’t understand how we haven’t seen such scenes in the UK over Brexit. Believe me, in my mind there is a war zone going on. Mrs May needs to get on with her job and not weaken. And if we are successful, then I am sure Europe will start to crumble as a Union. We will always be friends I hope, we will always need each other. We are neighbours, just we want to be our own country. Well I do anyway. And we are a small island, we can’t keep letting people come to us. The city I live in excepted ten thousand refugees last year and we have been told we haven’t taken in enough. That is just our city. This puts stress on our NHS, schools, housing, dentists’ doctors  

 

And an update on France, another shooting this time a terrorist is on the run. France, I love you and my thoughts are with you all who have been affected by tragedy in the past couple of weeks.

 

 

No comments: