translate

Monday 17 December 2018

MONDAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Today we have had readers from the UK, US, India, Belgium, South Africa, Brazil, Canada, Spain and France. Now out of all of those countries, where would I like to be at this time of year? Hmm. Well in my head I’m a young girl skating around a huge Christmas tree popping into small cut offs selling hot doughnuts and hot chocolate, under the starry sky with a full pure moon. In, America. Also, America make the best Christmas movies.

 

But then there is snow in Canada, so, snow at Christmas?  

There has to be, it’s not Christmas unless it’s so cold, right? So, a log cabin with a burning warm fire, toasting marshmallows. Nice.

And then Belgium. Chocolates. Christmas markets. Nice people. Lovely.

 

But I’m here in the UK with the two-best people in my world. And that is how it will be I hope all through Christmas. I am lucky to have my boys. Well I say boys, haha, you may laugh. Hub has an app on his phone that takes pictures but this is something else… If you hold it to yourself, it tells you what it’s seeing. So, hubs description that was read out to him, was Man looking neutral with grey hair about

 Wait for it…

 Looking about 67.

Oh, I almost fell off my chair. hahahahhehehehehahahah.

 

Then,

 he took a picture of me…

Yeah.

Well at least I wasn’t grey and 67.

 

It was Hubs reaction I couldn’t believe. He’s getting rather conscious of how he looks. I love it. Oh, but grey? My friends tell me he has a slight showing of grey, slight? Em, no, not according to his iPhone…. More like a slight hint of dark… Well he is lucky as his brother has grey hair what’s left of it, smile, bless my brother in law, he’s years younger than Hub but has less hair. Though Hub has the hair, my Bro in law has the sexy voice. Haha.

 

What are your favourite smells at Christmas? Mine is orange and Sinnamon as well as any spices really. I have an oil burner that plugs in and I burn orange oil. I have Sinnamon sticks all over my house too.

 

My neighbours today were using their rather interesting tool again in their garden. I have written about them before they use the same tool for everything, I really don’t know what they were doing today, I have long given up guessing. We have never spoken to them, we don’t even know their names, though they are good and most of the time quiet. But there is a huge wall between us. They can saw wood, lay slabs or  dig and always use the same sounding small tool. It’s funny. Like my Dad bless him, he used to make me laugh.  His car consisted of one tool. A screwdriver. Not at all sure when or how he would ever use that. But every time his car broke down, he would get from the boot, his screwdriver… As long as he had a hold of a tool, he felt as if he was doing his car some good.

 

Well I’m off now to take my dog for a walk. Nothing exciting bless her as she will be working, but at least we will both get exercised.

I have been out the front to check out the slipomitor and I survived to tell the tale.

Later Bloggets.

 

 

 

No comments: