translate

Monday 31 December 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Here we are the last day of 2018. This blog will be read in a day, week, month, year and even five years. As so many of my blogs that get read today are from some years ago.

 

So, when you read this, where will you be in life? Who will you be, where will I be and who will I be?

 

The odd thing about the end of a year, means the new year has a whole 12 months in front of us all. What will the new year have planned for us? What do we have planned for 2019 and moreover, what will we achieve out of everything we want to happen?

 

This time next year, will we be proud of where we will be standing in life? I hope so. I wonder how many more years I will be in the dark as far as my vision is concerned. Looking back at life, I am not so desperate for that cure as I was in my past, though if I learned that there will never be one, I will be devastated. So, this year, we have travelled a short distance to finding treatment for Retinitis Pigmentosa, my eye disease, but still we are so far away from anything that will make it so I can look at my Husband, child and hope for seeing our Grandchildren in the future.

 

   One day though something huge will happen, may be something will just occur in the lab by accident and that will be the dream for us all. The end to all kinds of blindness.

 

Oh, how life would be so good. What a difference it will make for us.  I would be a completely different person. I would be free to help those who need it. Just to be able to read a letter. See a face, look in the mirror, drive a car, get to places with ease. No stress. Shop for gifts at Christmas without the awful pain of trying to get people gifts I know they will like. Or hope they will enjoy, without searching the internet, then getting something that I thought it was only to learn it’s not quite as good as I thought it would be… I do try to buy gifts for people that I think they will like, and I get quite a lot of abuse from some people who quite frankly are plain rude. As my gifts to them are far better than the ones they give to us. I was brought up to say thank you for whatever anyone bought me, but this year has shown me a few people who really were shocking, and at first it hurt as I really did buy what I would call class, but not to their taste obviously, well next year they will be getting gifts that will be very simple.

 

My brother in law was so grateful for his gifts and my friend Pip was over the moon bless her for what they received. But then there were others… One day, they may realise just how difficult it is for us to buy for people. No one bothers to ask us if we are OK for Christmas or do, we need a hand to buy things? Even when my Son was young. People never thought about how I managed to get his toys etc.

 

But hey, he never did without and I have myself to pat on the back if I can reach, if you think blind people get help from family and friends, then you are so mistaken. Most of us just have to get on with it. It probably has aged me, but I guess it has made me what and who I am today.

It’s been a funny year. On reflection. We had a great summer with our friend Pip. I think she is fantastic and when she wasn’t working, she gave her time to us and we had some great days out. We laughed lots too. She’s working now but we are friends forever and I shall see her when she has some spare time, may be for a coffee and catch up.

 

I have enjoyed my few days out with my friend B, and managed to get to some craft fairs this year. I have even been to garden centres. I will say this, that the garden centres where I now live, are dreadful compared to where I used to live. This area doesn’t do magical garden centres like Northumberland and Newcastle   do!

 

Hub has received a huge promotion at work. This has given me a Husband who is now so very serious. But I wonder if that change will find the old Hub again once everything gets sorted at work. Right now, there is so much for him to do. He has work on his mind and the year ahead. He was telling our Son tonight his job now is much more stressful than his job he did some years ago. This shocked BW as years ago, my Husband could be in the thick snow of Canada for a few days, then the heat of South Africa the next day, then France, Sweden, Norway, Spain, Australia, Japan and back to America before heading to London for his final meeting. And then home to us. In that time, he would be in short sleeves and then heavy coats and boots. All within just over a couple of weeks.

 

When he was away, he would be dealing with so many different subjects. Different contracts. I went with him on a couple of journeys, and his job was very political. He had so much respect and was thought of as very important, an yet, he says this job is more stressful? I somehow doubt it, I think it’s because right now he is doing most of the work but when he gets his new managers in post, then life will start to make more sense. Thank goodness he has great teams working with him. Also, he’s an old man now, Hahahaha, fifty now you know, gosh, he is so much older than me….

Stop it!!!!

He said he has had a great Christmas, so hopefully when he returns to work, he will be ready to start the new year fresh. He is a perfectionist and doesn’t do half of anything, our boy takes after him for that.

 

Talking of our boy, he really doesn’t want to go out tonight. But sham does. I suggested he should let Shamrock go with her friends, but he said she won’t go if he doesn’t go out. Hahah. Bless him. She would go out, and have a great time. Sham knows how to have fun.

 

She’s coming here tomorrow for her lunch… not too sure though she will feel like eating. She’s asked me to make her favourite sandwiches so I shall do that for her… and there is enough cheese for us all to enjoy. I have loads of vegan food and tarts for Hub as well as loads of snacks. Tomorrow, the first, is buffet style food.

 

So, what are you all doing tonight to see the New Year in? let’s just hope there will be peaceful parties all across the world.

 

We have sorted out a load of rubbish in our lives this year. Closed the door to what we don’t need or want. And have only good in our lives now. still rubbish lingers, but only around the perimeter of life, outside the fence and they can’t climb over anymore.!

Well six years ago today, when this blog started, I was amazed to have almost 6000 readers, fast forward six years, we are now up to

354,825

How many of you are here today and were in my first year? How many of you will be here in six years? In fact, will I, even be here? I have so many hopes for the next six years, as I had for the past six!

 

At least now, Hub and I are sorted in life. We understand so much now that we were just learning about in the past.

  

I hope you have laughed with me this year and learned something, as I have. Thank you all so much for your emails and messages. Without you all, this blog wouldn’t exist. Your shares and contacts have made it possible. To my Dearest L, you know what you mean to me. To P, and J, I pray life will show you a new door to open and enter into a new world. To all of you, make sure your dreams really do come true. That is what dreams are for, to come true.

 

Whether you have made a wish whilst setting flames on your Christmas pudding, or pulled a wishbone and made a wish, whether you have kissed and wished under the mistletoe or thrown a coin in a wishing well. Whatever you have wished for this year, I hope it all comes true in 2019.

 

Happy New Year Bloggets. Best wishes for the new year ahead. December wishes, to January kisses.

Chat again next year.

 

No comments: