translate

Saturday 29 December 2018

DIARY OF LIFES QUOTES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


The house has the fragrance of spices. Sham and BW are cooking. They brought me a sample of their food, but I couldn’t eat it. It was far too spicy. But it smells nice. They cooked salt and pepper chips with a stir fry.

 

 We have cut into our Christmas cake.  I can see me giving so much food away as we have too much. Did I tell you what happened with our grocery order? I booked a slot for delivery weeks ago. I just clicked everything into the basket kind of panic shopped. Just to get in quick with a slot. As if you don’t book your slot about four weeks before Christmas, you miss out on the reasonable charges for delivery. You can pay £10 to have your food delivered at Christmas if you don’t get in early, around here anyway, but everything here, is so expensive.

 

 I ended up paying £5 For delivery. So, my intention was to go into my basket three days before and remove what we don’t need and put in what we do need.

 

Normally, I pay nothing at all for delivery or a couple of pounds. And normally you just go into your basket the night before and sort it out. Well, a full 48 hours before my shopping was due, I went in to remove loads of junk I threw in there just to get it to over forty pounds as that is the only way you can get a slot. It has to be over a certain amount.  But over the few weeks, I was adding what we needed. Only thing was, we freaked out days before our order was due and managed to get a slot as long as we spent over seventy pounds. So, I was so anxious two days before Christmas, I wouldn’t get half the stuff as it would be out of stock, so I bought things that were already in our Christmas basket, that wouldn’t go off… and ordered another shop six day before Christmas… from another shop…

 

Well, as I said, half what was in my Christmas shop, the one I ordered weeks earlier, the one that was due two days before Christmas… I went into to remove more than half of what was in there.

 

Oops… one problem… I was too late.

There must be a mistake I shrieked.

I called Morisons. They said no, because it’s Christmas, it’s 72 hours before it’s due. That’s cut-off point.

Oh

My

Goodness.

So, in the end there was £90 worth of food I didn’t need.

We always buy more at Christmas, like two weeks’ worth of food in one.

Only, we had four loads of shopping.

In two shops!

 

Well as I waddle where by my stomach is starting to match my backside, I have decided I can’t possibly eat another thing. Hub has put on about a stone over the holiday, that’s 14lbs. our Son just does too much exercise to put on weight. Also, because he’s a vegan, it’s hard to be fat if you don’t eat dairy.

I love dairy, I wish I could be as strong as my son, but I can’t I’m a failure… but I don’t eat meat or fish, or anything with a brain or heartbeat. But chocolate and bread is on my menu sadly daily.

 

Our lovely lady who walks our dogs came today. Bless her, she is loaded with cold… as by the way is my Husband… but this poor lady still came and took my dogs out. I told her as soon as I realised, not to take them and to get home, but she insisted she took them. I begged her to only be half as long though. Bless her heart, she is a good kind person. Very selfless. She thanked me so much for the gifts I bought her for Christmas, and really, they weren’t expensive at all. But you would have thought I gave her a winning lottery ticket. It seems the more you spend on people, the less they think of you and the least you spend, people really appreciate you.

 

I guess that is the same in life in general. This year has said goodbye to a load of rubbish in our lives. And it’s a relief. New Year, new us…

 

Talking of new me, kind of, I’m thinking of employing a PT… not to shout orders at me as if I am in the army, but to get moving fast and more often. My friend Rita said she would go for walks with me, but she then started saying she has a program where she walks for so many seconds, then jogs for so many seconds.

Oh, heck…. Em, not sure the world is ready for a jogging Fifi… but I really like her and I do hope she and I do go for walks. I simply have to. I have been talking the talk for so many years, but to stick around to see our Grand Children, is important to me. My Son didn’t have any Grandparents sadly, I don’t want his children to go through the same. Hub and I will love our Grand Children, and need to be fit for them. With only having one child, I guess the most Grand children we may have will be three… and to think about being active with those babies, makes my heart full of joy, now it just needs to be healthy too… having said that, I was out with a friend the other day who is half my age… just getting out of her car into her house, she was out of breath… I was shocked by that. OK, it’s a bit of a walk from her car parking space to her house, and it’s up a slight hill, but still, she is half my age and half my weight. I said to her, if you are like that now, what on earth are you going to be like when you are my, age?

Not sure she was impressed… haha.

 

My highlight of our holiday, was seeing the people who mean something to us. And there is one more family to see and they are expecting us next week. It was lovely to see Hubs brother and sister in law.  He’s a lovely guy we had a fab day, and I get on with my sister in law Leigh, very well.

 

  Next week we are visiting friends and I really am looking forward to seeing them. And then life gets back to normal. And I guess that is when I need to start my new life and stick to it.

 

To end this blog, I shall leave you with some of my quotes from the year and before.


“people can throw stones at you, it’s up to you if you stand still or choose to move.””

“Dance in the rain and you will sing in the sun””

“After the storm, comes the sun””

“choose to be with those who make you smile, turn your back on those who put you down””

“What at the time seems painful and impossible, turns out to be a blessing in disguise.””

It’s nice to have a pot of gold, but sometimes it’s better for our soul to paint the rainbow sit back and enjoy the colours of life.””

 © Fiona Cummings

 

 

 

  

No comments: