translate

Tuesday 18 December 2018

CHRISTMAS DIARY OF LAUGHS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. Just as I sit here to write to you, Hubs LF, is proudly sitting next to me trying to get my attention. He is making the most disgusting sounds with his mouth. Obviously wanting to brag about his latest catch. Something from the floor? Half a plant? Something worse? I have to investigate, so hang on a mo jo…

 

Gross.

 What was it? The nation enquires?

Truth, I don’t know and I aint dissecting it, it’s in the bin, my hands are washed and I’m back to the sensible world of writing to you!

Well. Em. Kind of sensible…

 

I had about one hours sleep last night, or during the night. Stress dot com. At this time of year, it’s hard. Thank God for internet shopping and on-line grocery shopping. What would we have done some years ago when none of this was possible? It scares me to think back to those days. With Hub and I both being blind, life does throw some challenges our way. People everywhere will be rushing to the shops, last minute an all. Their faces will show anger, stress and further from their hearts than any other time of year will be the true meaning of Christmas. What I would do for a simple Christmas? If you can see and don’t have a disability that removes you from normal shopping, then thank God or whoever that you can just get in your car and drive to where you want to be and brows. How lucky you are to be able to see what you are buying. And sometimes what you are not buying. Just to see from the front of your face. Rather than have everything in your mind and ears. A colourless Christmas that can only be touched by kindness.

 

Next time you are stressing over your shopping, stop, take a breath and look around you. How fortunate you are.

 

I dream one Christmas I can see. I can take Hub where he would love to go an we can be just like those people you hear about.

 

Pip and I met up today and she kindly drove me to the Chiropodist. Well there were no hand bags on roof of car nor were there any ducks in the front of the car, Hahhahahaha, we laughed and talked as we do so well. Oh, you would laugh, well, OK, maybe not, but I did. So, my girl had finished doing her thing and I had said many years ago, I really wished for her for my Son… She shyly laughed. She is perfect for him. Well as I came out, she held the door open to the outside. Pip waited for me in the waiting room so was unaware of our conversation of me marrying her off to Boy Wonder some years ago. I said to the Chiropodist how polite she was holding the door for us…

Open that is, she wasn’t literally hanging onto a door… I’m sure she’s strong, but not that strong.

Anyway, I joked and said. See, you are so perfect for my son, well, didn’t Pip take it that little baby step further, by continuing to say.

“Oh yes, and you would both make perfect babies both being blonde!””

OMG… get me out of here.   

She cracked me up we left the building chuckling. She doesn’t care I love her for that. I go far, she goes on permeant vacation…

 

Well as the laughter also echoed behind us from the receptionist, we headed out into the rain. Got into her lovely little posh car and drove home. The weather was awful and still is…

 

Oh, you should see my house. I have additional lights going on. I found my battery lights and one more plug in. I also ordered something that came today. A huge silver bow. It lights up. I know what you are thinking, oh, how tacky…

 yep,

 it is…

hehehehehehe

 

talking of tack, I have bluetac keeping things stuck. I have weaved in and out of the banaster red berry lights coming down the stairs. And on my door window, I have snowflake lights. Oh, yes, I have gone for it… all that on top of two trees and a light up garland across my mantlepiece… oh, and two wine bottles that light up with snow sceens inside of them as well as the piano is host to all the Christmas cudly toys. We have a large fluffy reindeer and a cute mouse, not the real one.. and a Christmas teddy with knitted hat and scarf as well as loads of little cuties and a teddy with a crown and a polo bear. I have a church that lights up and a gingerbread house where you put a small candle inside of it to let the flame flicker through the windows. We also have a old fashioned Victorian fireplace as an ornament on my hearth the lights flicker behind to replica a flame and on the mantlepiece is a clock in the middle, and a candle at each end. At the side of the fireplace, there is a rocking chair with santa on surrounded by presents. I have a couple of tiny ornaments like a reindeer and a small Christmas tree that I   have  had for years. I love it. It feels like stone. It has lovely baubles on it and bows. Gifts under it and a star on the top but it’s solid no moving parts and it comes in half. Inside of the tree are loads of gifts piled up. But the whole thing is only the size of my middle finger.

 

Oh, and I have a wind chime.. hhaha. It has a robbin on it. A wooden dish of sweets and a dish of oranges.

 

Then there is outside. On our wall we have a couple of bells that light up and  move side to side. A light up snowflake too and our santa who looks like he has had too much Christmas sherry after too many sweet mince pies and has had enough, he wants to make it his last Christmas…. He is meant to be climbing up some ladders.

Hmm

Well, with the wind and rain we have had, he looks as if he’s swinging from the loft on a rope. I keep trying to ajust him, but I have found him in all kinds of situations… even upside down. But the funny thing is, his hat keeps falling off and it’s not meant to, as he has no hair, only a bauld head with the circle of glu where the hat should be stuck to. Hahahaha.

 

We have a train like a Santa express and a tall light up penguin and  an inflatable stockingas well as multi coloured lights in my shrub…

 

Oh, and I forgot, green and red lazor lights that light up the whole house and another light that looks like snowflakes falling on our brick work. And we are both blind.

And?

Smile.

 

Talking of being blind, well today my friends from Amazon sent Christmas parcels last minute things I had forgotton. Seriously the gentleman who delivered them, English speaking, which is unusual now days, must have come out of retirement to do a Christmas shift! If he was 97, I wouldn’t be surprised…

He was waving something in front of me. He said. Can you see it. I said no. he replied, you can’t see? I said no… Putting my hands out, he replied, oh, no, you won’t be able to pick this up… why? It’s heavy he replied. I’m strong I said. He said no, I shall give you the small things first.

 

A bag. I put it against the hall wall. A flat box that was tall. I stood it on the floor at the other side of the first item. Then a small box, I put that on top of our unit  which is home to a double doored cabnet for shoes. Then a small square box, I placed that near the other parcel on the unit. Then a tiny item. I went to put it on the unit too, he said. No, you can’t get that on there. I said I can. He said no, you can’t  don’t put it there. I thought I will put my parsel where I want it and it could be where the sun don’t shine, Grandpops…

 Well then the shaky signature. Not me shaking, but him. Oh, my, I suggested I took the machine and held it. He said no, he has to do that. Fine, so, where to sign? He got my finger and pointed it. Haha. I hate those machines where you have to write with your finger. He then got very animated. Oh, an Oscar was required at this point. He remarked that quotes.

“Oh, yes, you write so much better than most (Normal) people!””

Heheheheheh. I just told him.

“There’s nothing normal about me. I’m so far from normal. Oh, it’s great to be reminded just how abnormal I actually am…

 

I was at a meeting yesterday and a lady asked if my Waggatail was a guide dog? Em, yeah, the disk on her collar and her harness may be a bit of a clue? Some people do make me laugh.

 

Our Son has gone to Shams now, so I have seen him for half an hour. But that is fine.

 

OK, I shall go for now. but before I go  a little teaser for tomorrow. I’m positively excited to tell you of my blog. Just one of the stories I shall be talking about and sharing with you will be one I read today by Anton Chekhov! It’s a great story and I’m sure you will love it, so, get a hot cupper ready if you are somewhere cold  or a long cool drink if it’s hot where you are and tomorrow we will get together and have a cosy story. Later gaters.

 

 

No comments: