translate

Saturday 8 December 2018

DANCING IN THE RAIN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well it’s half past two in the morning here, and I’m writing my first blog of the day. My Son drove to a very rough area over two hours ago. It would have taken him 45 minutes to drive there. He was picking up sham. Hopefully not from the floor as she is supposed to be working today. Then forty-five minutes back. That’s an hour and a half. So, may be fifteen minutes to find her? Still not two hours. So, I text him. No answer and that was a minute ago. I came down stairs to call him to see if he was OK, not to bother Hub. No answer. Phone went off. So, I sit here waiting.

 

I know there are parents out there who really are so relaxed and can go to sleep with ease when their children are either on holiday or out for a night, but I can’t. I do know of some parents like me, so I know I’m not alone like some parents like me to believe.  If he was staying for a while, I would be more relaxed, but he said he was coming straight back.

 

 I will have the same to worry about next weekend as she is off on another drinking session for her Christmas party at work. Again, he will be driving the same time there and same back again, Only this is a different area. He will have to be up early tomorrow too, as Sham is working so will start early. I am guessing he will be staying at Shams house.

 

He is a good lad very kind sometimes too kind. His first week in his new job, he waited behind for an hour, so he could take one of his colleagues’ home as it was pouring with rain, and the man doesn’t have a car. It takes BW about fifteen minutes to drive home, so he finishes at 4 pm, by quarter past he could have been home, but by the time he waited for the man to finish work an drove him home then came home himself, it was 5.30pm.

 

I just hate the drink culture. I’m so against it. It’s really funny because when I suggest to BW to drink a coke or other soft drink when out, he thinks I have gone mad. This is sad because a year ago, he wouldn’t have even needed my suggestion. I hate to see him drink thankfully he didn’t today obviously he was driving and I’m proud to say he is very strict when it comes to drink driving, he really is good. And even when he goes out without the car, with his friends he will have about 6 pints, but 6 pints is five more than he would have done a year ago, and I wonder what will he have next year?

 

Shams family are all big drinkers, but I guess isn’t everyone now? Well apart from me and Hub.

 

Hub and I went out last night early. We left the house at five pm and were back at half seven. We went out with friends. We went to a new restaurant, well apparently, it’s been there a long time, but we have never been so it’s new to us. It was a South Indian restaurant. I have only ever had Indian food from the North.

 

I so preferred the South. I guess there was more choice for vegetarians. It wasn’t a bad price either. Until our friend did what he always does, haha, tells us we are paying £10 tip. I wouldn’t mind, but the poor staff won’t even see the tip as we pay by card and no way, they will see any of that.

 

The restaurant was so clean. How do I know? I just can tell by A, the smell when we went in. to be honest, you couldn’t even smell Indian food. They must have had great extractor fans! B even to touch the back of a wooden chair, I know if it is a clean place. And the table cloths were immaculate. I asked my friend did she think it was clean and she just mirrored my opinion saying it was spotless clean. Don’t you love that expression? Spotless clean?

 

So, the food came. I was very brave and tried something different. So different that I had a vegetarian platter. It was a plate of finger foods, well, I picked them up, not sure you were meant to, but hey, they weren’t messy and they were quite big and awkward to cut as one thing in particular had the oddest shape. I would love to tell you what I had to eat, but I can’t.

 

For my main I had something with lentils almost like a soup. It was so delicious. Hub had some kind of chicken dish   he said the herbs and spices on it was exquisite. My man friend had a platter too, but meat one and my lady friend had some kind of lamb starter. For her main she had beef he had chops and Hub had an Indian curry that was made from some kind of cheese beginning with P.

Now, how many of you experts around the globe are now saying out loud the name of the cheese?

 

I just know it was delicious. And the waiters and waitress were so lovely. So polite and calming. Oh, it was wonderful. Just what the Doctor ordered.

 

We ended up going back to our friend’s house for a (DRINK)

Hub had a brandy. Me, haha, I dared to ask for a cup of coffee. Oh, my, the silence.

Seriously, I’m cheap, OK?

 

My ex used to tell me I was a cheap date.

I think, he was talking about what I drank?

“Stop it Bloggets!!!”

 

Well we came home for 9 pm and the rest was history. It was a lovely evening. Four hours out and about. It was nice because we got back before the drunks woke up to start.

 

It’s raining hard outside again. Two days of rain now without a break. Going to our local big shop at 1 today. To see what we can get for Christmas, as in eateries. Pip is kindly coming. It will be nice to see her again as it’s been weeks since I saw her.  

 

 Well my baby has just text me to tell me he’s back at Shams. Not really sure why he can’t come home and have a good sleep, but I guess he want’s to be with her every moment he can.

 

Sham is so organised she has bought all of her Christmas gifts and even wrapped them. She bought them last week. BW has something to work with something he will never guess what it is. It’s a lovely gift though. He thinks he knows what it is, but nope, he is so far out of the correct answer.

 

Oh, Hub knows of two of his things. One he found today as we were looking for Shamrocks gift in my cupboard of messchief.

And yes, that did read correctly. Open the doors of my robe at your peril. Duck and hope. A crash helmet is advised.

 

And the other item he read on my Amazon account. Most annoying. But hey, that still leaves his feather duster and new ironing board cover. Hahahaha. Just in case he’s reading this, right? 

 

OK, I best visit the blanket show and try to sleep through the performance. So, thanks for the midnight plus two chat, and I guess I shall see ya all later.

 

No comments: