translate

Tuesday 13 May 2014

WHAT THE RAIN SAYS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


What the rain says

By Fiona Cummings

 

Like the clouds pass me by

The rain begins to cry

But are they tears of sadness

Or perhaps drops of joy

I think of those who are on earth to just annoy

The rain can make my heart dance with gladness

Or remind me of greyness

The sound of gentle petal like droplets

Fall against my glass

Then the heavy thumping noise

 And I wonder how long it will last

That same rain fell for those from my past

And will continue in my future

Silver pearls a chain of culture

Glitter mirrors fall from leafy trees

Bowing branches beg on their knees

Fish come to rise on waters carpets

Hooks delight as easy targets

Worms say Hi as from the sky

Come birds to feast

On the slimy beasts

A child takes a drink

From a cup of heaven sent

For him a gift of life

The perfect, present

A boat is up turned

A family lost for good

The fire no longer burns

The colourless sky see’s lights

We wonder where they go

Reds, yellows and whites

The perfect rainbow

So what does rain mean to you

Does it have a soul

If so a view?

What gives us the right to think

Only we are here for a reason

Rain is not just for some seasons

But for life

So next time you hear the rain

Don’t feel down

As there will be no pain

Hear the droplets falling

Listen closely, they are calling

No comments: