translate

Tuesday 27 May 2014

FROM MOSCOW VIA MANCHESTER WITH LOVE PART 4


Moscow via Manchester part 4

Remember the Scottish drunk who wanted a fight with the lads? Well, he only got on our bus. The bus we really struggled for the first time getting on. I think because we were so tired and stressed and LC was not at her best as she too was out of sorts.

 

We went for the bus, but it was not there. The noise of the traffic was so loud and just as we went for our bus; the sirens of an emergency vehicle went past. Deafening us.

 

Well, Hub turned to me and said there was no bus there. The Scottish bad boy shouted to us.

“Are you two getting on here or what?”

Well, I think he was talking to us?

 

The bus was a mile off the curb. Well, OK, not a mile, but about six feet. Well as a blind person, you step down to get your bus and there isn’t one, you don’t walk onto the main fast flowing road, right?

 

We learned as we got on thanks to Hub and LC, as no way would I have been brave enough to walk and walk into the fast traffic, but the voices which were waiting with us for a bus were heading towards the road, so he followed.

 

On the bus, the driver asked Hub to push the button. Hub never has had to do this, so where was the button? Again, things like this make me just want to stay at home. Hub calmly asked where it was. The driver said

“There!”

Hub asked again in a calm voice, where?

Then a man showed Hub. We learned that the man was also a bus driver, training the fool who parked six foot away from the curb, who didn’t lower the step to get in and who didn’t have a clue how to talk in a civil manner.

 

We then went to try to find a seat. God, it really wasn’t our day.

 

A lady shouted at me

“There’s one. There’s a seat. The person has given their seat up so you two can sit together!”

OK, so I guess she was shouting at me? So where was this seat? I felt and could only find sweaty shoulders occupying the seats.

 

She shouted again, by this point, Hub had found a seat. I found one too. Then realised there was a one next to me so I called Hub to sit with me. The woman said that is the one I was telling you to go in.

 

Well excuse me, but how was I to know? If you can’t see and people say over there, over where? I mean, is it not common sense? Or do these people just have none.

 

Well the driver stopped and started the bus. Didn’t have a clue where he was going.

 

Oh God. Just get me home?

 

Hub and I did get home. Thanks to his amazing knowledge, bravery or madness.

 

Home sweet home, but we couldn’t go few, as our minds were  all over the place and I think we were in total shock.

 

Yesterday was bank holiday so he had the day off.

 

We stayed in, apart from taking our dogs to the local shop. Just to get out and our confidence back. Thank God Wagga tail worked well. We took the long walk there and back. Just to give her some work. Her head as ever is  all over the place. So I held the harness never really knowing in which direction she will go so always have to be on the ball, whereas LC is straight solid and focused.

 

But we got there and back.

 

I have a lot of work to do this week and a lot of reflecting.

 

My friends have their meeting today with the nursery, so I hope it goes as planned for them. I just pray I have picked a nice nursery. I do feel for the baby though, as it’s a strange country. Foreign language and to be left five days for ten hours, having said that, the staff sound so loving and I am sure they will look after the children there. It is a nursery with a difference for sure. It’s an organic nursery. They grow their own vegetables and have chickens for fresh eggs.

 

The children play mainly outdoors, in little houses made from wood in the forest.

 

So let’s hope the little fella has a great time?

 

From Moscow with love from Fifi Blogget.

No comments: