translate

Wednesday 28 May 2014

GOLD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


GOLD

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

So the people who are rich

He’s a tycoon

She’s a bitch

There’s no room

For compassion

In their overflowing robes

Are lines of fashion?

They rent out their heart

Sell their soul

 For gold

Forever winter, from the start

Till pain like a splinter, will see them part

Leave this world

With nothing but gold

 No memories

Just dust in the breaze

No caring families

No manners of thank you’s, or a please

No tears will spill

Death with a silver pill

What will people say

 When it’s the end of their day?

Perhaps go away?

A forgotten shell

All that’s left is pure destruction

Screwed up minds

A will of hell

Lessons on how to be so unkind

Do their feet hurt?

From trampling all over people

I doubt it

As they will have slippers of silk

A perfect fit

They can flash their cash

Talk to others like trash

But at the end of the day

Who do they talk with

What do they say?

For in their perfect world

With velvet carpets and walls of pearl

No one will be there

To care

To listen

All that’s gold will glisten

But how fake is that

Bringing up a plastic brat

Claws from a Persian cat

Teeth of porcelain

But with jaggered edges

Do they think this is right?

To me it’s incredulous

So their famous

And?

When they are afraid

Who will hold their hand?

In desperate times

Do they think help will be there

After they have prayed?

The best surgeon removes their lines

Takes back time

But we all expire

And end up in the same fire

Amber flames

Remember cruel games

Too late then to learn how to be ashamed

When they look in the mirror

Do they see their reflection?

Do they ever feel rejection?

I doubt it

Not until it will be too late

Then their fine meal will be removed

From their china plate

With gold edging

Starved, left begging

Money is not blood

Disregarding is not good

Thinking you’re better than the rest

Telling us of your quest

How you got to the top of your mountain

By chairlift, no climbing

How you’re champagne fountain

Will never run dry

And for you slow isn’t an option

As always you will fly

Well take your head out from you’re proverbial arse

As your life is just a farce

Driving around in your fancy cars

Living in your palace

You show your ugly face

Gifts of malice

Sporting the latest phase

You think you have everything

The best fragrance and biggest ring

You’re voice shatters glass as you begin to sing

You think I’m nothing

And have dirt on my shoes

Well next time you think of me

Start singing the blues

For my heart is fixed inside my body

And my clothes may be shabby

But they keep me warm

You will always be made from ice

And around you will be a forever storm

For I will see sunshine

In the eyes of my loved ones

And I will stand the test of time

I shall wait for you at the gate

Just make sure you are on time

As I will not wait

There for leaving you standing

All on your own

Just wondering around in your very own zone

As no one else will come for you

As your life was so untrue

Just remember this

You’re acid kiss

You’re bony fingers

You’re poisons smell lingers

You are nothing at all

High up you’re backside

Standing so tall

Thinking all those beneath you

Are so very small

One day you may realise

Before it’s too late

That without us you’re no one

Just have your trade

That may bring in the money

And this is what’s so funny

As who pays you?

We, do

 So your gold belongs to us

So end of the day

What’s all the fuss?

You have been cursed

With what is in your purse

And where you think you come from

Guess where that is?

You’re Mothers womb

A dark red room

Just like me

Can you find the door?

Would you like the key?

It may not be gold

In crusted with diamonds

Just made from battered brass

But works like a treat

I can show you how

Just tell me when you would like to meet

And I will see if I have the time

Not now though

As I’m writing this rhyme

To tell you we are all mankind

You are no better than me

So come down from you’re tree

 

No comments: