translate

Tuesday 6 May 2014

FIRST DAY AT NEW JOB


Good morning Bloggets.

Well, Hub off on his first day at his new job. So the nerves have no time now to show. I will learn of his day in nine hours. I’m sure it will be fine and they will make him feel welcome. It of course will be odd for his staff too, as he hasn’t met any of them so this means they haven’t met with him too of course.

I groomed Long Chops for her first day at the office, so she looks nice and tidy for her new role. Let’s just hope she doesn’t check out the accessibility in the office.

Accessibility for her to find a packet of office biscuits or someone’s pack lunch on their desk? Hub and I were laughing about that this morning, saying we hope the food is out of LC range.

 

The sun is shining today, after a load of rain through the night. My boy is at college though bless him he has a stomach bug. Kindly given to him from his Mum. I was ill on Sunday afternoon and all night. I’m fine now; I just hope it’s not Hubs turn tomorrow, or even today? Imagine?

               

I have just bought a new bathing costume….. It looks absolutely beautiful, until it goes on me! Then it’s a whopping “Woopsy” moment.

OMG? What a mess! It’s the leg thing going on. I am fortunate to have long legs, but sadly, they are as wide as long!

When you are used to covering yourself up all the time, you suddenly feel so out there and exposed when you are in a costume.

 

Today, I must start my housework again. For the past five weeks since Hub has been out of work, I have let the house go. Just doing the necessary jobs. So will be doing that and perhaps some leg exercises along the way? I don’t’ care if I get some funny looks through the windows. I’m just the blind lady, hahahahaha. I am expected to do stupid things right?

 

Oh, on the subject of blind people, remember my neighbour who just can’t get it in her head about Hub and I having lights in our house? Or how our friend/neighbour talks to us? Wondering what about? Well, the other day, Hub and I were out with our friend/neighbour and we passed the lady in a shop. I did smile, thinking to myself, what must be going through her mind at that point? To talk in the street is difficult, but to actually go shopping with us? She will be offering our friend a medal of bravery next. It’s funny, as this lady in question, her husband and son are so lovely and friendly and not at all afraid of us. Haha. Must have to learn how to scare them, out of practice. Really though, the first person to talk to me was this particular lady, and she was so lovely. I felt really comfortable with her, but this was before she knew I was blind. Now she knows, oh, my word. One day, I’m sure we will talk and she will earn that we are just the same as sighted people, only our part of the brain that sees, doesn’t work. But what we lose there, we gain in so many other ways. As my dear friend Yam says, we see more than the sighted, just in a different way. Talking of our friend Yam, I am concerned as have not heard from her or her husband for a couple of days. Well, actually, Saturday was the last communication I had with DD. He was going to Yam’s hospital to visit her. I hope she will be home now and I pray, with some positive news?

 

Until later my Bloggets, stay happy and positive. I know out of all of us, there are so many days, even weeks or months, when life is so dam tough, a battle for sure and when you need a hand to hold out to you, there is no one there. Well, this is when you need some kind of faith I believe. Need not be religious, just a belief in a higher vibration. And I am here for you all, just as you are for me. Every time I see a number or country looking at this blog, I feel a connection. Thank you again, almost coming up to a year and a half, and heading towards fifty thousand views and fifty countries. Bless you all.

 

No comments: