translate

Monday 5 May 2014

ALMOST THERE


A busy day. Getting everything ready for Hubs first day at his new job tomorrow. It’s a hard time, what will he be doing? He’s not sure. This is the first time he has worked for a new organisation in 21 years. He did many jobs at his last post, but that was with the same organisation, the same staff and he had all of the technology in place. I don’t think he will have anything for a while at his new job. They may surprise him though, but if he won’t have a computer/lap top, how will he work? If he doesn’t have an IPhone or at least mobile, how will he communicate? How will he know his diary and so on? As he said,  if he could see, he would be in charge of him getting to work, he’ s not, the taxi driver is and will they find it? Hub hasn’t even been to the office, his two interviews were at other parts of the country.

 

He has never met any of his staff. How will he remember their names? Sometimes if you can see, you remember faces. He won’t have that luxury. But as I tell him, he will get to know their voices.

 

I know he is really nervous, as am I, for him.

 

I feel like it is his first day at school…. It will be weird for me as tomorrow; will be the first day I wake up on my own. Of course I will be up with him to see him off to work, then teen will be at college. No more lazy days with my love. I will be hoping he will be OK all day. It will be a very long day for me for sure. For Hub, new smells, new voices and lots of instructions. Long Chops I hope will behave? It is working in a totally different roll. I am sure much easier than what he was doing, no more working in our capital with the Government in the Houses of parliament and no more travelling abroad. Thank God. He is a bit worried how long this will take him to get to work, not ever doing this journey, he has been told it’s 32 miles, but also been told it will take anything from 45 minutes, to one and a half hours to get each way, depending on transport.

 

I will be like a Mother hen. Wondering if he has had something to eat or drink, I mean, he won’t leave the building on his first day to get something to eat. Will he be able to pick up the courage to ask where the toilet is? I know this sounds like a child, but a sighted person would see the toilet sign and just go. Not like that for us. We just learn to hold it in till we get back home.

 

What I do know is, he will be brilliant at his job, and he for sure is committed and looking forward to starting a new path in life. It will be hard for him to keep the breaks on though, as he is used to being his own boss. He’s not really that high up now; also he is used to pushing his organisation into making very tough decisions. He will have to take a step backwards. Will this be challenging enough for him? One good thing, he is home at nights and weekends and for his mind, this is a change he needs!

 

No comments: