translate

Thursday 1 May 2014

GLUE OF HOPE


 A very busy day. Just cooking and housework. Then our friend came around to help to fill in forms for Hubs work. Believe it or not, for over a month now, he first heard, he will be starting his new job, having said that you know all the bother we have had with then finding out how to travel the 32 miles he has to get there? No public transport, only a taxi costing £500 per week. Anyway, just over a week ago, it was all confirmed that is all sorted. Now yesterday, he receives a huge printed pack of forms and some Braille, but of course the forms are not in Braille, so a slight panic when the Braille says that Hub has to fill in the forms and send a digital photograph before his work date. He is due to start work in four days. Two of those days are the weekend and one is a bank holiday Monday so nothing is open, including his head office.

 

Then reality kicked in, we don’t have any family who can fill in things for us. So the fear and dread of the blind life in a sighted world kicked in.

 

To the rescue, our friend Di came to our mind and thank God and bless her cotton socks, she came over and ticked the boxes and did the print work for us.

 

The information he has had to provide is as though he is joining the secret service.

 

As for a photograph, to be continued.

 

 Our house is stinking of homemade fish pie. Gross. But Hub loved it. As for teen? He ate it all and didn’t complain. God does that boy eat? None stop today. I cannot believe his weight. Last time he got on the scales, he was seven and a half stone. Now? 12st 5lbs.

OK, he was eleven when I last weighed him. And now seventeen years of age and 6ft 2. But still a big lad. So toned though and solid muscle. Like his Mum right??????????

An early start in the morning so must go to sleep now. We are off to the town, then the dentist, and then out with our friend and then a man coming to check out our waterworks. Haha!

My boy I am sure will be sleeping in. His first lay in all week as he was up early today for a driving lesson at half eight. He’s doing great, I’m proud of him for so many reasons. He is so tall and very good looking. He could get any girl he chose. To look at perfect. To his mum though, I am told a typical teen. Hmm. He has his moments, no, I correct myself, hours.

 

My dearest Yam from Mexico had her operation today to remove the ulcer that had cancer growing on it. So sad to say she was in theatre for eight hours rather than three. The cancer had gone so much deeper than first thought and now has half a stomach. Bless her, she is so optimistic and jokes that she will be a lot lighter now. God love her. I feel sick as I need her to be well. I’m sure she will be fine in the end but needs to recover first. Her poor Husband my DD, is battling through dust and workmen as his new house in Mexico is getting turned upside down and made into their home, but to do that, will take months.

 

Luckily Yam will stay with her lovely sister to recover.

 

It’s so bad living so far from those you care about. I wish I could be there to help her. Yam and I can talk as though we have known each other for years but really I have only known her and DD for four years. My Husband a lot longer as they were friends with Hub and his ex-witch. Oops, sorry ex-wife.

But she is great, and I love her. Over the four years, she has given me so much strength. It is rather weird to think of our lives, we share so much and have lived such similar lives, though generations part us. As well as miles, right? But she is very close to my heart.

 

Five days she will stay in hospital and we will see after then how she will be? She is so brave and that will help to fix her I’m sure. Once again she will be writing to me telling of wonderful colours in her garden and what she has been up to that day. Her stories are wonderful. My other friend who has been in hospital for three months had her operation yesterday. Oh my God, she had a hip replacement last year. After six months her walking was getting as good as new, then an infection hit her and she for three months has been in her hospital in bed without a hip. Can you imagine? Let’s see how she gets on too. My friends are falling apart. I need some glue of hope for them. 

Glue of hope by Fiona Cummings

I need some glue of hope

For my friends from far away

To fix their broken parts

And make them stronger every day

They have golden hearts

And deserve to be healthy

If my love for them was counted

For sure they would be wealthy

A bravery award I would give them

And on a shelf it would be mounted

Would say the words of hope

And a silver hand crafted rope

Would be sent from angels of life

Then they would clime

Away from all strife

To a place of sunshine

So forever summertime

Where flowers were all year round

And blackbirds made such a wonderful sound

Then their troubles would never touch the ground

But float away from their minds

And sweet fruits would grow

Up the golden vines

For my friends who are unwell for now

May feathers, wipe their brow

And as they recover words will be heard

Like I feel so good and wow

As for being ill it will be to them absurd

To think they ever were

The memory of their operations

Will become a distant blur

 

To Yam and Sheila

No comments: