translate

Saturday 10 May 2014

A CLASSIC


A lovely day. We woke, phoned our friend as it’s her birthday. We gave gifts last time I saw her and after breakfast, we got ready to leave the house for the adventure in the town.

 

Armed with a hooded waterproofed coat, something I don’t really like to do as it interferes with hearing, but the rain was coming down, like the sky’s just opened all their clouds. Got to the town, and the people were not out in so much force, so this was good, only took out a couple of people and they were tourists, hahahah. Thats OK, right?

Not, right?

Oh.

Did our normal banking then I go to buy some perfume my friend wears and    I love it? It’s called Alien. Not really a nice name but a beautiful perfume and there was 10% off the price today.

 

Then into the bakery. Oh Hub does this and he is as subtle as a sledge hammer. He is trying to build up my confidence and he makes me go into shops on my own. I hate it, but I’m so much better than I used to be. With a white cane too, as of course, I have to leave my dog at home.

This bakery is a real challenge too, as there are baskets all over the place and shelves of food as well as fridges and hot glass display cabinets. But a tap there and a wack there, a couple of ankles removed and I got there. Hahaha.

 

Then we went by a coffee shop. Now, Hub wanted to go to our normal place where we always have a meal and it comes to about £30 for the two of us. Now money is so much less, I told him just because we wanted a coffee, we shouldn’t have a meal too but it’s not a coffee shop, it’s a café, so one feels obligated to eat. This is the thing when you can’t see, you don’t get the bargains, you also miss so many shops that would be more suitable. We passed a coffee shop I always smell and wish to go into, but we have been in twice before and both times, they served everyone but us two, so we ended up walking out. This time I had my determined head on.

Hub was reluctant, but I insisted. We went in, the mouse behind the till asked if we needed anything?

“Em, no love, we are just in here to look at your till skills, of course we want something, a coffee would be good?”

 

Haha! Only joking, we said yes please and told her the two coffees. We found a table, though a little difficult, then sat like normal people, people watched, but let me tell you I have the best story of our bus later, so stay with me a little longer. It was nice to just chill, fell proud that we had done it. How good I feel when we accomplish something. Coffee was good too, but we did try to get points on our Costa card when in fact we were in a café Nero’s? hahahahaha.

Oh well, jog on.

 

Came from there, and got to our bus stop. Oh this is great. On the bus, we sat after kind people gave up their seats so we could sit together and behind us this was the conversation. Now, picture this. A lady, if you like, got on with her what I  thought her, little girl, about four.

Lady with rough voice

“Look at that, who’s that?” She asked the girl.

Girl in a sweet baby voice.

“I, don’t know.

Lady

“You do know the lady insisted.

As the little girl reassured her she didn’t know. This was the lady’s answer. Now wait for it?

“Look, you do know, it’s your Mummy.

Pole dancing!”

Hahahahahahahahahahehehehehehehehehehhehhehehehehhohohohohohohehehehahahah.

Thank God the child didn’t ask what pole dancing was? But it didn’t quite stop there poor baby said

“Where is my Mummy?”

“She’s in Manchester!”

Little girl “it’s dark in Manchester.

I thought, yeah, where your Mum works it is?

 

We got off the bus and oh gosh, it rained harder. Home now, hot cup of tea and a chat with my Bloggets.

 

More later,  with love.

No comments: