translate

Thursday 8 May 2014

FOOD FOR THOUGHT


What is it they say?  A new day, the darkness will pass? Or is that what I say, ha. May be one of my sayings. Well, one can only hope?  A lot has gone on here over the past couple of days, I’m hoping today will be brighter. As for Hubs work, all great.  It’s funny; I’m tired as he is. He is with all the amount he has to take in, I am because I am trying to support him, so it’s all new for me too. I am terrified to say the wrong things.

 

My little dog has had no work this week. I feel really bad about it. I should go to the shop, but after the past few times out with her, I am afraid to go alone. She is driving me crazy though. And poor Black beauty is getting played with when she just wants to sleep. Wagga is biting her all the time. Just to get some kind of reaction, but BB is too sweet natured to fight for her, so I have to be aware all the time and at times, put BB in a separate room. With the door closed.

 

I woke up today after a very odd dream. My Husband had bought me an inflatable mosk…..

I shall let you ponder on that for a while.

 

I must add, I never have been or never will be a Muslim. Now, this dream, I like to define mine and others dreams, trying to unpick them and translate them in a meaningful manner. I can’t get the meaning of the  inflatable Mosque, I must add, bright yellow it was too! When I lost my sight sixteen years ago, I had not ever seen a mosque, so I don’t even know what they look like, but I can tell you, I doubt they will look like the one in my dream? Hahaha. The weird thing was, it had a metal tray attached to it that pulled out and you lit. Why? Not sure. So from that, a brief blog on the word religion.

 

As far as I am aware, the word religion has no precise definition.  As where it came from, a lot of words come from Greek origin, but not this word. Some say it comes from Latin word Religare, this means to bind.

 

At the end of last year, Britain’s Supreme Court ruled that scientology was a religion. Lord Toulson, giving the judgement, wrote that

“Religion should not be confined to religions which recognise a supreme deity”

Toulson describes religion as a spiritual or non-secular belief system, held by a group of adherents which claims to explain mankind’s place in the universe a relationship, with the infinite. I kind of agree, do you?

  

A 2005 poll in Brittan, found that only 37% of people believe in a religion. I think with religion, comes some morals, not saying all, as I have known of many churches where the people all pray and act all holy, then come onto our streets, out of church, and act in a very mean way. But I do think that church, is a place to reflect and find some kind of meaning in our busy lives. Time to have mindful thoughts. A calm place and should be uplifting. Without this time, where do we reflect?

 

Our hunger for meaning, can lead in destructive directions.   Meaning today to some, can mean pursuit in financial success and material acquisition meaning in destroying the planet and exacerbating inequality. Fascism, Starlinism and other movements, of the last century resonated and satisfied human making      needs.

 

Religion some say has been the cause of wars; I say that the word has been misused. If not for the word religion, then land or mans greed would be the cause of all our fighting and disagreements.

 

Well, I didn’t know where this blog was going as always, I’m still not sure where it has gone, other than to give you some kind of insight into my day and thoughts. I do hope that you can take something from this and perhaps some food for thought, as we all need to take time out, right? With love!

No comments: