translate

Sunday 4 May 2014

COFFEE CUPS WEDDING


Hi Bloggets. Wow, a lovely day and interesting too!  It was the day of our friend’s wedding, my lovely friend Coffee cup and her dear man John. What to wear was easy, I put on my suit from my brother in laws wedding from the 9th of March.  Hub wore one of his suits and off we went. Not without drama. I had a lovely wedding card for them and put it in a safe place. Hmm. That was two weeks ago. Came to writing it and me being me, left it to the last moment, and couldn’t find it. But we wrapped their gift and off we went.

We took our faithful LC and she remembered the route that is very easy really, but has been a while since we have been so she did good. Unlike Hub who wanted to turn right when it should have been left. I drove the car and LC was a great engine. With Hub as the petrol and confidence, we were all fine.

Oh Sarah and friends had the church looking lovely, of course we would have been totally oblivious, but Sarah took time out to come and describe to me what the place looked like. How kind of her! They covered all the seats in cream covers with purple bows on and around the alter, was hearts and white and lilac roses.

My friend Flexi was on piano and a CD was turned on the Beatles. All you need is love… That is what the bridal party came into. Put a smile on our faces.

 

It was a lovely service with Francis talking about love and the meaning. The best hymn in the world started us off singing. A hymn my Husband sang when we were in America, with our friends Yam and DD some years ago. “How great thou art. Oh I thought of Yam right then and wanted to send strength to DD during this difficult time they are having right now.

 

The church was packed and it was so apparent that the couple were in love. Coffee cup was so in love and happy, I was delighted for her. A really great atmosphere.

 

Everyone at church were so lovely. It is the most friendly place I have been to. Kindness was surrounding us. They never leave you out, make you feel like an outsider or unwanted. It’s like coming home going there. We did our photographs, and our lovely Welsh friend guided us as helpful and natural as ever and my dears Geordie friend and her family were there too. We sat with them and had food and cupcakes it was great. I loved every moment of it and will remember each second of today. I pray that the beautiful couple will be happy forever.

 

Guess what they walked out to? Music I mean? The theme from Star wars. Hahaha.  X

No comments: