translate

Friday 30 May 2014

FRIDAY CATCH UP


Hi Bloggets. Well this week my Son has been on half term from college so a holiday. He’s been in most of the week, apart from one all night outing with his friends where he had a great time by all accounts. Yesterday he went for his driving theory test. A test you have to take before you take your practical test. So questions on the computer in a centre.

Before he left, he and I went through some questions. He can take a load of tests at home via the application he down loaded and never get the same set of questions. I made him a nice breakfast, so I knew he had food inside of him before it. He went by taxi.

My Son is very very clever, to talk with him, he is like no other teenager I have met before, but he hates to study. He told me the test we did together, was only his fourth. Well, I don’t know how many he has to do to stand a chance, but, I would have thought a lot more practice than four practice runs? I know a girl he knows took months to study for hers.

 

After a couple of hours, he came home and announced that he had passed. I was delighted for him. The boost he needs right now.

 

So next the practical. I don’t know when that will be, perhaps a month?

 

Then the buying of a car. God help us? I have told him we can’t afford a new car, nowhere near, he’s fine with that. We have told him he has to pay for his own insurance though. Hub and I don’t agree with silver spooners as I call them. Kids who get everything handed to them on a plate. It’s no lesson for respect or self wellbeing for the child; also it teaches them nothing but greed and expectancy.

 

Now we just have to learn where we will get the money from for a car? Then pray he will be safe on the roads.

 

I’m sure he will though be a great driver; his Father is but having said that, I have been in more than a few crashes with my x.

 

So the new Google car is advertising? So if you are blind you will be able to drive? My Hub was the first from the UK to test drive it. Just around a track, but he said it was amazing. Are our roads ready for a Fifi blind driver?

Or more importantly, is a blind Fifi ready for our roads?

 

So last night the three of us went out for a meal. To see our lovely Lewis. He’s a right card and didn’t let us down last night. I really enjoyed the meal too. It’s rather funny when we were last out some weeks ago with our friends Trix and Like, Lewis announced proudly that they had a much larger selection for vegetarians. I smiled as he read the menu to me.

 

It basically was vegetables with curry sauce, pecan nut sauce with vegetables. Vegetables with garlic. Vegetables with black bean sauce and so on, in other words, vegetables. Haha

 

I’m out in a mo jo with my friend and we are going for a coffee and a chat. Then to collect some tiles. Oh I know how to live it up, right?

 

Hubs testing a guide dog out today before he gets passed onto a new owner. He is a beautiful huge black German Shepard. Hub’s kept busy at his new role and it’s so different to what he was doing before when he was head of international at his last organisation.

It’s great having him home every night and weekends. I love it. Life couldn’t be better in the real world than it is right now, but I’m still shook up for what happened a couple of weeks ago. I don’t honestly think I will ever be the same.

 

My friends managing OK from Russia, Monday will be the babykins first full day in nursery. He did two days of two hours. He did cry though bless him, so how he will do ten hours? I’m not at all sure. It’s really odd my friends being here and not seeing them, I think my friends Son will return to Russia or wherever, before my friend Ol moves to the next flat. God only knows how she will move all the things they brought with them? If we don’t see them this weekend, it will be a shame as we are busy every other weekend for the next few weeks.

 

I hope it doesn’t rain today as I’m wearing a floaty peach blouse. We have had more than our share of rain. My poor friend Ol will hate it, not that they have been anywhere, I don’t think my friends Son is the touristy kind of guy. I feel Ol is exhausted, as she is the Nanny, Mother Father, cook and cleaner for the baby. Oh the baby is so very cute. I love little boys. Funny never had time for little girls.

 

Talking of girls, my step daughter is busy taking her levels at school and this week she is working on courses with the BBC, so she sounds like she is having fun.

 

OK, I will go and let my dogs pollute the air now in our garden and then get ready to go out. Later with love. Happy Friday and weekend. X

No comments: