translate

Tuesday 16 July 2019

SO HUMBLE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good late afternoon Bloggets. I’m sitting in my back garden. I would like to tell you our roses and shrubs are smelling so sweet, but their normal beautiful perfume is being masked by the dreadful horrid traffic that has found itself static outside of my back garden, behind the high wall. It’s kicking out time at some offices and shops so a lot of transport on our small roads which are far too ancient for today’s car crazy society!

 

I’m making the most of the nice weather. As they say tomorrow is going to rain, but then you turn the page and it’s written that we are in for a heat wave. Well, I promise I will be friendly and wave back, I think we have seen enough rain in England this summer. It’s funny when I used to travel abroad, people who had never visited the UK used to say. Oh, England, it always rains there…. It’s always foggy, isn’t it? Well, I used to laugh. As we did used to have four seasons. Spring, summer, Autumn and winter. In spring it used to be so pleasant. But did rain. Summer warm but not boiling. And in autumn, it was warm and dry, winter we got lots of ice a little snow it was cold too, but rarely rained, but when it did, gosh it was hard. now, we seem to have two seasons. Summer and winter.

 

Today I went to my lovely friend’s house. Oh, she is a true sweetheart. The best host. A cup of tea would be enough as I love her company, but no, she cooks so much delicious food. All so tasty but I feel so guilty because she goes so far to be kind and I don’t like taking, I would much rather give. I hope she will come to mine soon so I can serve her though it won’t be as good as she cares for me, she is so lovely one of those people I hope I know forever no matter where she or we move to. And today I met properly her beautiful daughter. A young brilliantly intelligent girl I would have loved for my Son.

 

It was a great gathering with friends and neighbours. And then back home to have a totally lazy late afternoon and night as no one to cook for today so it’s time for me… and tomorrow I’m out again with another friend. Geordie. My footballer’s wife friend…. Well that is what my Son calls her. To me she is Geordie.

 

Over dinner the other night our Son was talking about aliens and how in America there is a place they call area 51. Well one million UFO hunters are to storm the place and they also say, anyone who tries to go there will be shot. But if a million people try to get in this closed secret place and why is it so secretive? What is in there? Will the army security actually kill that amount of people? Firstly, I doubt it, secondly, I don’t think it will ever happen and thirdly people are giving enough warning so if there is anything in there, it will be moved now. and I doubt aliens won’t just be walking around the place shouting here guys, fancy a selfie?

 

I totally believe in aliens. I believe in other planets having occupancy too, but why can’t we be just told the truth. Years ago, I have said before when I was in Russia, an Cosmonaut said if he was to make it public what he has seen, it will cause mass hysteria. I sadly believe we are fighting up there. Star Wars exists. If we have caught some aliens, I wish we could treat them with respect but we can’t even treat humans with respect.

 

Just a thought. Constructive words can be used to compliment, spoken in a condescending manner, creatively or to cause pain and joy, peace and laughter, war and love! Words can be used to help, heal, hinder, to hurt to harm, humiliate and to be humble, just like my friend today, she is so humble.

 

 Some words that make me feel warm when I think of lovely people like my dear friend who I spent time with today.

Always have class and be humble. Always remember where you have come from no matter where you are going. Never let the criticism or compliments go to your head, stay humble. Remember for all we know; we may just be a channel. So always try to be humble

 

To you what does the word humble mean? To me, it means not proud or arrogant to be modest. My friend is a lady with class. what is class? well, again, to me it is not so much money, but how you have been brought up. Places you lived. The way you speak. The way you dress even the way in which you walk. My friend’s daughter walked a little with me just down her drive to her front door. And she walked in such a lovely ladylike way. Almost as if she was gliding. So graceful. If she was my daughter, I would be so proud.

 

And now some lovely quotes but sorry I can’t remember who wrote them, not me…


 “Be so busy in improving yourself, you have no time to criticize others.””

“Remember, no one is stopping you from lighting a lamp in a dark night.””

“When all the wars are over, a butterfly will still be beautiful.”

That last quote is so true, but in reality when wars are over, we are never the same because we have lost so much, and our minds are tortured for the rest of the time we have breath in our body, but I think my translation of that quote means, no matter how rough life is, at the end of the arguments bad times etc, life still can go on and be great again, beautiful.

 

 

 

No comments: