translate

Friday 5 July 2019

LESSONS OF LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s written that you can not raise your children in the same way your parents raised you. I ask why? They say because we live in a different world now. I reply, only because we have allowed that to happen. We don’t have to give our fourteen-month children a mobile phone to play games on. We don’t have to ask them what they want to wear when they are getting ready for nursery. We don’t have to feed them all the way around a shopping centre or give them everything they grab from the shelves. We don’t have to let them stay up late because they want to. Gosh, every child will want to stay up. But there are things on the TV that we should not let our kids see or hear. Parents need their time. Kids need their sleep today just as they did yesterday. We didn’t have to allow this to happen.

 

Sometimes things happen in our lives that are quite catastrophic. Devastating. Heartbreaking in fact. Some say, I used to be one of those people who said it, our lives are mapped out for us and things are meant to happen, but there are sometimes in life when you just can’t make sense of what happened or is happening. sometimes you live through hell and ten, twenty thirty years later, you are still unsure why that happened to you? How do we deal with those situations? How do we talk to ourselves and tell our broken heart that what we are going through, we will benefit from in the long run? Have I benefited in my heart ship? I really don’t think so. Have others? I think they have., Other people have gained in my pain. So, is that why I went through what I did go through? Well, my maker, thanks for that…

 

I know of people who say to me, when will it be my turn to enjoy life. I have no answer sadly. Though I do have faith, it’s dying at a faster pace than what I would like. I admire those of you who do have a strong faith. I wonder, those who do, have they had a blessed life?

 

Reading today I wanted to share these words with you. I hope you get something out of them. One of my favourite websites is called Lessons Learned in Life.

To make a difference in someone’s life, you don’t have to be beautiful, rich, intelligent or perfect, you just have to care.

 

Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person mentally mature enough to even grasp the concept.

 

Be brave enough to find the life you want and courageous enough to chase it.

 

Stand by the ones who notice the storms in your eyes, the silence in your voice and the heaviness in your heart!

 

I hope you have a lovely weekend and a very happy birthday to Danny.

 

No comments: