translate

Thursday 11 July 2019

NO WAR OVER RP BY FIONA CUMMINGS


My brother in law brought us some delicious home-grown potatoes the other day. There’s nothing like home grown produce. I’m still buzzing about what a great day we had. It couldn’t have been better. He’s so clever in the garden. My Husband doesn’t take after his brother at all…. Bless him. Hub hates anything to do with gardening. Well, apart from sitting in it. And we have done a lot of that this week as he has been off work. It’s been a peaceful week. What with our friends coming last Saturday, lovely inlaws Sunday, and this up coming weekend, our good friend Julie is coming overnight to stay? Then Monday back to work and Hub away overnight again. Though he has been off work, he still has been working every morning. And he’s working all morning tomorrow on conference calls. He’s a work an aholic. That is where he and his brother are, similar.

 

UK US and Aran, it’s not good. The UK threat level has been raised in Aran. The way the Iranian officials talk, it’s so aggressive. They are crazy if they cause a war. And we are crazy if we give them one. Everyone says they don’t want war, then why do stupid things and talk in such antagonising threatening nasty ways?

 

Well tonight on Facebook, I have seen or in my case, heard everything now. a friend has put out a request if anyone has a wait for it? Two-person camel costume she can borrow?

Em.

No.

 

Did you know that 36 million people worldwide, have total vision loss? Blindness is really a life changing condition. As well as the difficulties in mobility, finding employment being blind is host to many other health issues, including insomnia, depression, anxiety and even a risk of suicide. I know when I went blind, I really didn’t want to live. I couldn’t. I hurt so badly. I was petrified of life. I have never been so scared in my life. I couldn’t breathe properly, I had huge panic attacks. I didn’t want to get out of bed. I didn’t want to go to sleep because that would involve waking up and that initial wake up was the most horrific thing ever. You would wake feel OK, realise when you opened your eyes that there is nothing there. And kick. Right in the stomach. Reality came home to me. The pain in my stomach was simply awful. How would I cook again? I couldn’t clean the house? Would I ever go out? Would I ever want to go out? Life was worse than hell. I had to go on I had my baby. If not for him, no way I would be here writing to you now.

 

I keep reading latest news about cures or treatments for RP and other eye diseases that cause blindness or treatments for people who were born blind. As soon as I learn something, I feel is really hopeful and close to being given to us, I shall let you know.

 

There is so much out there now, ten years ago we were still being told that there was no hope for my generation. Even my Sons generation and he is 22 now. but now things are changing, moving faster. The trouble is, there  is so much out there now. rather than concentrate on just a few treatments and a little research with a lot of people/brains. It’s  like a child in a candy shop. So much choice it can be mind blowing. If there were three or four treatments being researched, then perhaps more money and more brain work would go into one subject rather than having lots of diluted experiments.

Anyway, I like this link because it talks about three years only…


11 July 2019

No comments: