translate

Thursday 4 July 2019

POOR COW BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 I began my soulless walk today, with the drone of traffic to my left and could just about hear a single sound of the titter of a bird coming from the high walled gardens to my right, with the only thing that separated me from them apart from the bricks, was the lethal brittle branches that love to grab hold of my long blonde hair as I pass them by.

 

I had a nightmare with my dogs’ harness. Firstly, the metal handle came loose. Then her strap under her stomach came undone. And then, the other side of her harness handle came off. It was as if someone up the apples and pears, was having a giraffe. (Upstairs, having a laugh)

 

I managed to avoid an unwelcoming Waltz with an oncoming bicycle and danced with the death of a car that came from nowhere as I was over half way across the road. Luckily it stopped. Few. But what I can categorically tell you was the end result was worth it!

 

And tonight, we went out with friends to one of my favourite pubs. I really lived it up tonight pushing the boat out having 2….    Yes, 2, pineapple juices… haha, oh, and two, packets of salted nuts. Hub had his favourite beer and a glass of his absolute fave whisky from Japan.

 

We were home by 9…. Yep, real dirty stop outs. But we left home at half five. So, three and a half hours. During the week we are going to a new pub to join another pub quiz. Let’s see if we do as bad there as we did at our old one. No one has taken over the other pub sadly and it’s still closed.

 

Oh, two weeks ago my friend noticed a poor cow laying down. She took her dog for a walk on her way back, the cow was still laying down. She went to look and noticed that there was a load of broken bottles next to it. And the cow had a small calf with her.

 

My friend got a bag and picked up as much glass as she could. Then spent two full days trying to find out who the cow and her baby belonged to.

 

She has been told the cow has dislocated her hip. It’s been put back in and she is waiting to heal. But my friend doesn’t believe the person who told her. And she can’t find who the farmer is.

 

Well she has been back since. The cow is still laying there. She got it a bucket of water and drove miles to buy some hey for it to eat. She said the baby is looking weak. She looked in the cow’s ear took down the number and called a vegan society. So, she is hoping they can do something about it as the RSPCA is impossible to get a hold of. No one seems to know who the farmer is the person from our council said they have called him he said what he said but she won’t give out his number to my friend. See, the cows are all just on a huge public field. And today in the burning sun, the poor cow just was laying there. The baby keeps going to her Mum she puts her head over it. But still lays there. Oh, it’s heart breaking. I hope the friends from the vegan group will do more than local vets and other people who my friend has been in contact with.

 

I got lilies for our Anniversary over a week ago they are still alive and they are so strong in fragrance. I’m sitting here and the house smells so sweet.

 

I fed my tomato plants today; gosh they take so much water. They are still alive… no tomatoes yet though.

 

Well our shopping is due soon, so I shall go for now. I hope you have had a lovely day. Before I go some smiles.

Did you hear about the man who by mistake handed his wife a glue stick instead of a Chapstick.

 She’s still not talking to him.

To the mathematicians who thought of the idea of zero,

 thanks for nothing.

Most people are shocked,

 when they find out, I’m an electrician.

Why do French people like to eat snails?

Because they don’t like fast food.

I’d tell you a chemistry joke, but I wouldn’t get a reaction.

Nighty night.

 

 

No comments: