translate

Saturday 27 July 2019

DR KHAN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Visiting our friends new house today, we had a lovely time though we were planning a BBQ, but because of the weather, didn’t quite work out, though ended having a lovely time and their house is beautiful.

 

What makes a nice house to me? Firstly, feeling the love as you enter the front garden. Then the smell, a house has to smell clean. As I pass the furniture, I have a sneaky feel for dust. Haha, there was none today. And then the comfortable seating as well as the way the owners, make you feel! The rooms were big and airy. The house cost about £600,000, again what makes that house that much, another in a different area half that and in another area double that? I guess the crime records, schooling and facilities. But at the end of the day, same builders, same materials. Should there really be such a difference in prices? Such a gap?

 

 Hub and I are having a quiet night. Our Son has gone to the cinema. Hub and I watched our medical program with my most loved Doctor who should be Knighted. Dr Amir Khan GP’s Behind Closed Doors it is on Wednesdays on Channel 5. It’s a reality show real people real troubles and real medics but Dr Khan is not a normal person, he’s just the most caring person I have ever seen when it comes to medical issues and believe me, I have come across a load of those and normally they are a different breed of human, well in a way, Dr Khan is the same, so different though to other medics. So genuine and simply perfect to humans and animals. Oh, to have a Son like him a brother like him, a friend, is a gift but us mortals have to just watch him once a week on TV but the day that series ends, will be a very sad day in our house as Hub and I absolutely love him. I just don’t understand how on earth someone hasn’t got him to be on other shows, well his own show. He is so funny too. Mischievous in the cutest way. And now Hub watching a drama called Casualty. Oh, I’m medict up. Enough is enough I don’t want to feel empathy for any other person tonight after watching our reality medical program where there was a man who was 93 who just lost his wife, after seventy years. Oh, bless him. I ached for him. When you are with someone that long it would be so much kinder of you both to go together having said that, I lost my much loved parents together almost and I’m still suffering now. it was too much so thinking about others, it’s kinder to lose one parent at a time, but for the couple, then to go together would save so much heartache. I just hope I go before Hub. I really won’t cope on my own. Such a cheerful subject, let’s see if I can cheer you all up?

 

Sharks love jazz. Yep, it’s written that they are sophisticated evil geniuses who are rather partial to a bit of Herbie Hancock.

Now then, it’s Australian scientists who have discovered this…. We won’t ask how they came to their findings…

 

And now a true story from me. When my Son was very small, about four, he came home and told me what his teacher had said to him making him stand in the corner. I tried to make light of the subject and told him I was going to punch Miss J in the nose.  I know, not the most grown up way of dealing with such a situation… thought nothing else about it. Next day at school, the long line which seemed longer that day were all standing in the very narrow corridor to get in the class when it opened. The door opened and my Son said grabbing my hand, come on Mummy. Now remember, I was blind, obviously something had happened, may be Miss J asked him visually to come forward? Oh, heck, it was going to be one of those moments, where I get told what my Son had done wrong… So, we got to the front of the parents and children. Everyone silenced as obviously we had queue hopped. My Son in his best clearest and loudest stage voice said.

“Go on then Mummy.”” I replied go on what darling? He answered, go on, you said you were going to punch Miss J in the nose!””

Oh…    Gosh.

It wasn’t good!

 

Abraham Lincoln was to reported to have said.

“If I was two faced, would I be wearing this one?””

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people seem bright, until you hear them speak.

 Alan Dundes

 

Bob hope said a bank is a place you go to lend money, if you can prove you don’t need it.

And finally, Charles M Schulz

Don’t worry about the world coming to an end, it’s already tomorrow in Australia.

 

 

No comments: